• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Happy Or Scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talulah

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So ginger & noodle have been home for 4 days.
The past couple of days, during a short cuddle time, they have been making this noise but I can't decide if it's happy or scared? They're body language suggests they are happy as they aren't trying to burrow under things and they are moving round, plus noodle keeps licking me
However the squeaking sounds quite panicky.

I'm trying to post a short video of the noise but it won't let me!

I'm trying to post a short video of the noise but it won't let me!

Hi and welcome

You have to upload any video on a public setting elsewhere and then copy the link in. A video uploading facility exceeds our available budget since we run on voluntary member donations.

He is perhaps slightly apprehensive, but it is very positive that he is vocal. He is definitely not scared!

You may find these links here helpful in making friends with your piggies in way that they instinctively understand. They are prey animals and not natural born cuddlers.
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language
How To Pick Up And Weigh Your Guinea Pig
How Do I Settle Shy New Guinea Pigs?

You can find lots more helpful information in our new owners' guide bundle:
New Owners' " How To" Starter Kit

He is perhaps slightly apprehensive, but it is very positive that he is vocal. He is definitely not scared!

You may find these links here helpful in making friends with your piggies in way that they instinctively understand. They are prey animals and not natural born cuddlers.
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language
How To Pick Up And Weigh Your Guinea Pig
How Do I Settle Shy New Guinea Pigs?

You can find lots more helpful information in our new owners' guide bundle:
New Owners' " How To" Starter Kit

Thanks, I've read these links a few times, all full of great and helpful information. I've been using lots of the tips. It's really difficult to interpret the noises which could mean various things.
I just want them to be happy

Sounds like exploring noises to me. I've learnt that body language is the important bit to focus on. The fact that they are not frozen is a brilliant sign.

You are well on the way. Just don't rush things. They are both looking relaxed and not scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back