• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hard lumps on foot.

Clarestorm

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Whilst cutting my boys nails, i have noticed some hard lumps underfoot. Has anyone got an idea what these are please? Is it dry skin, infection or other. Photo attached. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 20240329_115906.jpg
    20240329_115906.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1
Please see the following links:
Foot conditions
Bumble foot

We can only provide references and opinions, not medical advice. Personally, I have a couple of boars who get some dry skin/spurs on their feet that I have to trim every few months. Note that in your image the foot pad is a little reddish and the "lump" you are describing is slightly discolored. Also consider the bedding your boys are on - is it possible they're spending a prolonged amount of time on urine soaked bedding? That can cause some irritation, possibly an infection. Can't know for certain without consulting a professional.

As always, to be safe, worth a vet visit :nod:

Please see the following links:
Foot conditions
Bumble foot

We can only provide references and opinions, not medical advice. Personally, I have a couple of boars who get some dry skin/spurs on their feet that I have to trim every few months. Note that in your image the foot pad is a little reddish and the "lump" you are describing is slightly discolored. Also consider the bedding your boys are on - is it possible they're spending a prolonged amount of time on urine soaked bedding? That can cause some irritation, possibly an infection. Can't know for certain without consulting a professional.

As always, to be safe, worth a vet visit :nod:
Thank you for your advice. I will take him to the vet's. I have read about bumble foot. I use shavings & clean them out regularly. However i do let them have a run about in a big pen for a couple of hours. I just put paper & hay down & throw it away when i put them back in the cage....the paper can be wet though. I'll stop doing this.
I shall take him to the vets. Thank you very much v

Personally I think that sounds fine (the playpen), it's typically prolonged exposure that's dangerous. It may be that you find your boy is sensitive to the shavings. May just end up being irritated dry skin. I have had success with this as a maintenance product:

Gorgeous guineas f&m ointment For irritation and softness! Good luck!

Back