• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Harrington's Nuggets - Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedder

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Could not see a sticky for these so just thought I'd post my experience with them as they've chomped through their first bag now.they are small fruity smelling things the pigs initially were a but hesitant to eat them after being picky through the Gerty mix they had before but once they realised that was what they were getting they have really took well to them enthusiastically. The ingredients seem OK too me nothing nasty or brightly coloured which usually puts me off most of the cheap stuff and its good value gets my thumbs up.

Thanks for that, glad your piggies are enjoying them, our girls love them. The used to be called Wagg until a name change. Good quality pellet.

Yes I think we've found their new favourite would never go back to a mix again too much waste.

Yes I think we've found their new favourite would never go back to a mix again too much waste.

We had Gerty too for our first piggies and they selectively fed, we through a lot away too. When we got our first rescues they had Harrington's pellets and we have always used them since. Asda sell them too which is good, although we have just bought a 10kg bag online to see if it would make it more economical.

Yeah we pay £3 for a 2 kg bag which isn't that bad I think would like to order 10kg but I have some storage problems at the mo.

The rescue used Harringtons so I decided to follow on. Local Tesco had them for a while but not recently although they do have the Harringtons Rabbit food. My nearest Asda is 30 miles and back again so three bags at a time make the fuel worthwhile. I also buy the occasional bag of GP muesli, and mix in, just for variety and my girls get lots of hay and grass and veggies.

Four of my piggies were on Wagg muesli when I got them, so I had to continue with that. I recently tried all 8 of my pigs with Harrington's pellets and they all liked them. The four that were on Wagg are now on the pellets (and they empty the bowl every time!) and the other four, who are on Gertys Tasty Bites and Excel, will be changing to Harrington's when the Gertys runs out! Then at least I will only have to buy 2 different brands of food and not 3!
P.S. Fetch.co.uk sell all three brands, free delivery if you spend £10 and they do delivery in 1-hour time slots.

My pigs are currently fed on oxbow cavy, but I havent been too impressed with it tbh, it turns into mush on the slightest contact with water ... which seems to happen alot with my two lol, plus its too expensive so I was looking into this brand so thanks for the review its very helpful :) just one question - does it turn to mush easily like oxbow food?

I've recently heard great reviews so have swapped two of my boys onto this.

They're currently in the swap over phase so get these mixed in with their Science Selective (which they liked but was such a hassle to feed as the shapes are a bit dangerous of piggies).

They're now picking out all of the Harrington pieces first, and then eating the Science Selective after.

So, I think that means they like them.

My piggies also enjoy them,

I've got 3 pairs of piggies and one pair went off the excel nuggets so i bought these just to see if they liked them and it's the first pellet they would eat.

They now eat the same amount of pellets as the other two pairs.

These and selective nuggets are the food of choice for our lads! Other foods are reluctantly picked over and left

Third or fourth bag and still going mad for them must say they are looking healthier and more active and alert coincidence?

Well, the Gerty Tasty Bites ran out some time ago, so now the 4 oldies are on the Harrington's and Excel.
Though I think that Bonnie and Clyde are ignoring the Excel. Otherwise, the Harrington's still continues to disappear fast.
Parkdaleangela, that's a good idea, to mix in a bit of muesli now and then.

My one gripe now I think about it is the packaging. It's really hard to open without tearing the bag in weird places so I usually end up with some spillage

I got a bag as it is the only guinea pig nuggets I have seen in my local Asda that were worth trying and I've heard about them on one of the youtube channels. My 2 boys at the time loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back