• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

harrington’s- yes or no ?

bonnieandpoppy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
going to asda soon and saw they have harrington’s as well as wagg which is what i feed. thinking of getting harrington’s- anyone here use them and would you reccomend ?

Mine love Harringtons especially Velvet who would eat them morning, noon and night if I let her! Remember to gradually change from your normal pellets to Harringtons so that your piggies get used to them. I have 5 piggies so I get my pellets in 10kg sacks as its much cheaper and they get through a 2kg pack very quickly even though they only get a breakfast of 2-3 small handfuls a day.

It is a great reasonably priced nugget. Just wish I could get my lot to eat it. All 9 turned their noses up at it, like they do with most nuggets though.

My girl pig dot had harringtons. Loved them then decided she wanted something else. She has been through every different nugget there is. Now on grain free selectives

thank you for all your replies! will defo pick up a bag soon if i can :)

My boys are in the process of being changed over onto Harringtons and they seem happy

Happy Piggies = Happy Piggie Mum!

Would you recommend trying them on the Wragg or just stick to what they’re used too which is the Harrington’s?

Sorry, new Wagg pellets and Harrington's (which are the old Wagg ones) are two different products. I am not quite up to all the new products that are coming onto the market!

Harrington's are not the very best, but they are decent enough when you have to take price and availability into account, especially with more than just 2-4 piggies.
The new Wagg pellets are grain-based, which isn't the main ingredient in Harrington's.

Have a look on here and make your own decision:
Nugget Comparison Chart

Sorry, new Wagg pellets and Harrington's (which are the old Wagg ones) are two different products. I am not quite up to all the new products that are coming onto the market!

Harrington's are not the very best, but they are decent enough when you have to take price and availability into account, especially with more than just 2-4 piggies.
The new Wagg pellets are grain-based, which isn't the main ingredient in Harrington's.

Have a look on here and make your own decision:
Nugget Comparison Chart

Thank you. I think I’ll stick with Harrington’s. It may not be the best but it’s certainly not the worst and it took me forever to change my piggies from muesli on to pellets so I think I’ll stick with what they like :)

Back