• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Harrogate welfare success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all i am not going to discuss showing as is forum rules but i just had to share what a brill weekend i have just had on our guinea pig welfare interactive stand at the small animal show at harrogate this weekend. I was asked to help on a stand by cavie fancier friend and we did a brilliant interactive experience for the public . . . Adults and children. We took some of our lovely piggies for cuddles and did a display of foods health care and were able to give the public free booklets to take away. It was brilliant to be able to discuss cavie care and put people right on many myths ! I gave out info on guinea pig rehome site as i encouraged people to always consider rescue first. I made some great contacts for our rescue and have 30kg of food on the way for free ! We took marley our 4 month old boar . . . Thanks claire. . and well he loved all the cuddles and happily played in his run with jacob his friend. We made sure all the piggies we took had plenty rest breaks.It was a brilliant experience and the best part was marley and jacob staying in our room in our guinea pig friendly guest house ! ! My rachel bought me a fab hoodie with life without guinea pigs i dont think so ! on the front. I have many good cavie fancier friends and its nice to spend a complete 3 days with all things piggie x xx any more info pm me x glad i got my free vista cards for our rescue i gave out loads !

Last edited:
That sounds really good. Raising the awareness of rescuing and information on correct care is so needed. Three days of guinea pigs. Wonderful. xx

That sounds really good. Raising the awareness of rescuing and information on correct care is so needed. Three days of guinea pigs. Wonderful. xx

I'm so glad to hear there was someone at the show flying the rescue flag! I think if it's on next year we should try and get ALL the rescues that come on the forum to attend and try for some RESCUE POWER! :))

I want a gpig jumper!!xx

What fab idea forum meet up! There was a rabbit rescue stand there would be nice for rescue centre that way to promote themselves. I must have had at least 10 local families interested in rehoming ! Some from york way. X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back