• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Harry Done A Backflip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just got home from work & my housemate was putting harry back in her cage, harry struggled and ended up doing a back flip and landed on her back. She was very wobbly for about a minute afterwards but I've examined her and doesn't appear to have any injuries. She's walking fine now, has hopped out her cage as normal and has eaten. Lloyd is keeping close to her side so obviously knows something's not right. I've tried ringing the vet for advice but it just goes to answer phone about their opening times, no emergency contact. I'm not sure what to do for the best now. She does seem fine but she gave is such a fright. What do you guys think?

i think keep an eye on her, but if she isnt showing signs of pain or distress dont worry.
turtle once pushed wicca off a table, a big on, she landed on the floor, she was all like 'what the heck just happened?' but she was fine, i checked her over for injurys and kept an eye on her for a few hours.

As long as she doesn't have any injuries, I think she'll be fine, but you may want to give a 24-hour vet a call just to make sure. Be sure to keep an eye on her, and if you see any signs of shock or abnormality, take her to the vet straight away. Just make sure everyone in your house knows to be very careful with your piggies.

I would keep an eye on her closely, but if she is eating, moving, and behaving as normal, I wouldn't panic. I've seen mine land awkwardly before, and once I tripped while walking with Sundae in my arms, landed hard on my elbows, and had her 'bounce' out of arms onto the floor, and somehow no one was injured (except me! LOL!)

Just checked on her while giving breakfast and she is fine, she purred when I stroked her so taking that as a good sign. I think she must have got a shock which made her a bit wobbly poor thing. We'll be use her cosy from now on to put her back in her cage

If you are worried it would not hurt to get her checked by a vet just to be on the safe side. Is good she is acting normally though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back