• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Harvey After His Op!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewybus

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Harvey arrived at Tees Valley Guinea Pig Rescue just after 10pm on Sunday night & had what looked like an abscess on the righ hand side of his face.

I rang the vets first thing Monday morning & he was taken in to see the vet at 11am. Even the vet thought it to be an abscess that needed lancing but after I left him & she operated it turned out to be much bigger that that. It was a growth or tumour on his right hand cheek down to chin & a lot had to be removed. I've added 4 pictures of the operation site so you can see how bad it was & I've added a picture of him eating afterwards too. Surprisingly he was eating fine last night & again this morning so it's looking liely that he will make a full recovery. Originally we were told that he had been bitten by another guinea pig then this changed to a dog but at least he is treated now & getting lots of tlc :) x

Aww bless him, poor little dude! Well done all of you on your hard work and sending him healing vibes!

I managed to find these 2 pictures that Shannon who rescued him on Friday took on the same night so obviously before his op:-

Get well soon little piggie x

Poor boy. What a good job he is with you now. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back