Has anyone got a Snugglesafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
.......... and if so do your piggies like them. I've relocated my piggies to a shed, it's draught free (thanks to a lot of bubblewrap!) but obviously will be cold in the depths of winter. I've seen these Snugglesafes advertised and was wondering whether to invest in a few for my pigs and possibly bunnies (I say possibly cos they tend to roam all over the shed and don't stay in one place to sleep). Can anyone recommend them? Where do you put them, under hay, lying on top, in the house bit? Any advice welcome :)

Thanks, Kathryn xx

Mary

Reaction score
My guinea pigs love them! But my rabbits tend to throw them out of the bedroom area and I dont think they like them.

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mary said:
My guinea pigs love them! But my rabbits tend to throw them out of the bedroom area and I dont think they like them.
I know it might sound stupid but where do you put it for your guinea pigs? Do they lie on it or does it just warm the hutch?

G

gorgeousguineas

I've got one for sick piggies which is great. I just prop it up on the side of their cage and then they can choose whether or not to go and sit by it. They work well and retain the heat overnight. Definitely a good buy.

Chrissie & 11 Gorgeous Guineas

Mary

Reaction score
Mine tend to sit on it. It keeps them warm it might warm the hutch a little.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
have you not got electric in your shed Kathryn ? I use low wattage panel heaters in my sheds they click on when temp drops to a low degree my shed also have blinds at the wondows to block any heat loss

L

luvpigs

I have a snuggle safe for doris and she loves sitting on it. You just pop it in the microwave for 5 mins and it keeps warm for around 12 hours...I usually put it in her bed ..... definately a great buy

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
michellemuffin said:
have you not got electric in your shed Kathryn ? I use low wattage panel heaters in my sheds they click on when temp drops to a low degree my shed also have blinds at the wondows to block any heat loss
Not yet, my OH arranged for electrician to come around the other night, great I thought, until he told me at 8.00pm! I pointed out that it's too dark, the buns and piggies would be settling down for the night and any drilling etc would terrify them. Stupid man ;D

Hopefully will get it before winter proper sets in, need lights too for dark nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.