• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Has anyone noticed with rescues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed with rescues that they don't really eat much veggies? My pigs eat vegetables like they're an addict but my rescues really aren't fazed by them and only have a slight nibble.

That could just be due to them not being used to vegetables. I am sure once they are used to it they will love them. My little Amina was never fed vegetables by her previous owner and it has taken her a while to get used to them.

nooooo, all my piggies have been rescues bar one and they have all eaten me out of house and home with veg's!

I think it depends where they were rescued from and whether they were fed veggies/wide range of veggies at the rescue. Also bear in mind that the piggies are getting used to new home, sights, smells and sounds which may make them cautious about eating something new at first. With Buddy I just left the veg in the cage for a few days and it would eventually disappear, now he scoffs it as quick as the herd

nooooo, all my piggies have been rescues bar one and they have all eaten me out of house and home with veg's!

I noticed with my rescue girlies that they are grateful for every mouthful and no where near as fussy as my 2 origional piggies - and their huspig is just greedy :))

All my piggies are rescues and their initial reaction to veg depends very much on what background they have come into rescue and how long they have been in rescue. I found that older piggies on a very limited veg diet struggle most with trying new veg. Rescues from really bad places will simply run off and gobble down anything they can lay their mouth on.

However, as members of my groups, they learn very quickly to tuck in! There is nothing like the "I want what you have" reflex that also tells them that veg are safe to eat. Without another piggy to help a newbie along, it takes a bit longer.

My jack didn't know what to think about veg to be honest but kow he's the loudest. Millie was fine because luckily she came used to them.

Finley was really fussy with veggies initially and took his time eating them, now he scoffs anything and everything down with the girls and shouts along with them too standing on the highest ledge in their cage :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back