• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Has anyone ordered from matalan recently?

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Placed a huge order on matalan Saturday of mainly kids clothes as all 3 kids have grown a size and they had 3 for 2 on plus a couple of sale items... Said delivery on or before today but when I track still says order processing?
I've scared myself reading reviews on trust pilot and Facebook. Saying orders never turned up or when they did were missing a lot of items. Matalan apparently say they'll refund and it never happens! Really worried as its a lot of money on the credit card 😱 apparently if they don't show up and matalan fail to provide a refund we can claim back from the credit card does anyone know how this works? Stressing (hopefully for no reason but still, I've ordered before with no problems but apparently its the last couple of months there's been an issue) need to hear recent positive stories! 🤦‍♀️

Sorry your order hasn't arrived yet and its worrying you, I've never used Matalan so can't give a positive story. Maybe their systems aren't coping with the increase in online shopping.
You are right though that if you paid by credit card, you can claim against the card issuer in the event of non delivery , though that's usually used in the event of fraud etc and one wouldn't expect a big company like Matalan to deliberately fail to fulfil an order. Hope your order arrives soon!

Sorry your order hasn't arrived yet and its worrying you, I've never used Matalan so can't give a positive story. Maybe their systems aren't coping with the increase in online shopping.
You are right though that if you paid by credit card, you can claim against the card issuer in the event of non delivery , though that's usually used in the event of fraud etc and one wouldn't expect a big company like Matalan to deliberately fail to fulfil an order. Hope your order arrives soon!
Yeah I can't do section 75 as each item is under £100 even though the total order was over, but I can request a catch back or something for non recieval of goods, I'll ring matalan after school run for an update xx

Yeah I can't do section 75 as each item is under £100 even though the total order was over, but I can request a catch back or something for non recieval of goods, I'll ring matalan after school run for an update xx
Oh, I didn't realise the £100 min was on the item, not the total amount involved. Hope it doesn't come to that anyway, better that you get the things you want.

Oh, I didn't realise the £100 min was on the item, not the total amount involved. Hope it doesn't come to that anyway, better that you get the things you want.
I agree I'm trying to order online where possible but had I read trust pilot first I would've just gone in store 🤦‍♀️

I ordered from them a long time ago so my experience isn’t relevant. I would contact them and ask when your order is likely to arrive. Ask if they are missing any items etc. Check online first and see if you can chat to someone there.

If it's a big order, maybe it's taking time to collate/source all the items to complete it? 🤷‍♀️

I checked the credit card and no payments come out yet so I'm giving them till Tuesday then I'll recheck and if its not here call them! :)

Remember some places have a lot of staff off self isolating. Low staff levels and high online orders mean orders will be slow to be despatched

Just had a dispatch email, saying one item is out of stock so they've dispatched the rest (though the new tracking email they've sent actually says awaiting dispatch and I haven't had a hermes email to say they've got the parcel yet which I've had with other stores that use hermes this week) I just hope there's no missing items other than the one they've told us about when it arrives, and that it arrives soon 😁🤞Cross your fingers for me that we get it next week please lol 😂 xx

Sounds like they have just got a bit behind. My only experiences of Matalan is that when I have ordered items that are “in stock” when I have placed the order, there seems always to be some out of stock when the order is processed. I am not sure that their computer refreshes stock levels regularly enough.

Sounds like they have just got a bit behind. My only experiences of Matalan is that when I have ordered items that are “in stock” when I have placed the order, there seems always to be some out of stock when the order is processed. I am not sure that their computer refreshes stock levels regularly enough.
I think the same my email says a dress for lexie is out of stock but it was in stock when I orded, I can deal with one item out of 18 not being in stock though! I can always look in store for that item as it was a matching dress to her sisters but its still not the end of the world at all! Providing all the other stuff actually turns up OK I'll leave them a nice review to make up for alll the bad ones they are currently receiving, I don't mind a bit of delay and a slight stocking change during corona providing they don't charge me for items they don't send 😂 xx

Sounds like ordering online has stressed you out too much! Try and relax.

I ordered some hay from Amazon. No despatch, or 'out for delivery' message. I received a ball of bubble wrap two days ago and when I opened it there was a broken pet food bowl 🤷‍♀️. The label on the package listed hay! I emailed the seller and they apologised and have assured me they will resend my item. Sometimes, you just have to roll with it 😂

Back