Has Anyone Used Megazorb

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotty44

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As fitch is currently out of stock and carefresh is too expensive i ordered a bag of Megazorb which came today. I wasnt what i was expecting, it has a strange smell and seems to be dusty. This worries me a little as i have asthma but will give it a go tomorrow. Has anyone used this and is it ok? I will be so happy when fitch is back in stock.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i used to use it years back before switching to fitch. i never noticed the smell get worse like other people did (lots compared it to vomit!) but i did notice it became very dusty. but it's a good bedding and absorbs urine and smells well. i used to take it outside and hit the bag to get as much dust out as possible! :))

i'm worried about running out of fitch soon! i transfer it into 80ltr storage boxes and only have one left. although this last lot of fitch i got smelled really different to normal. almost like they over-dried it (i don't even know if they do that but that's the only way i can think to explain it!) and it just smells very strange. hopefully it'll be back to normal next time and i've never had one like this before so hopefully won't again.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I used to use megazorb when I had rats, apparently it's changed a lot over the years and become very dusty! It used to be a very good bedding!

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I tried it with the guinea's and had it for the mice, I swapped the guinea's after the first bag, too dusty and we no long use it for the mice.

dotty44

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was not impressed with the last bag of fitch as it contained £2 coin sized sharp chunks of brown coloured wood. Recycle place say it may come back in stock either next week or the one after. I keep checking amazon every other day.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was not impressed with the last bag of fitch as it contained £2 coin sized sharp chunks of brown coloured wood. Recycle place say it may come back in stock either next week or the one after. I keep checking amazon every other day.
sometimes they will let you have some sent out if you phone them. even when it says out of stock online. they did this for us last time they were out of stock and o/h rang them on the off chance :)

madguinealady

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aubiose is good and pretty cheap.I use it for my pigs and my rats.Think it was a tenner for 15 kilos

NewCavyHan

New Born Pup
Reaction score
As fitch is currently out of stock and carefresh is too expensive i ordered a bag of Megazorb which came today. I wasnt what i was expecting, it has a strange smell and seems to be dusty. This worries me a little as i have asthma but will give it a go tomorrow. Has anyone used this and is it ok? I will be so happy when fitch is back in stock.
Hi I've been using Megazorb for the past year with my pigs and think it's great ! My boys live in a hutch in a large shed in my garden. I put a good layer on the bottom of the hutch and 'pat' it down so it's all flat. It is a little dusty while I'm putting it in the hutch but once I've patted it down flat I don't notice any dust at all. I then put a nice thick layer of chopped dust extracted straw on top and my boys love it. It is by far the most absorbent bedding I've come across. I skip out their hutch everyday taking out the wet straw and droppings but the megazorb stays brilliantly dry so I only do a full muck out once weekly. My boys have been very happy and healthy on it for the past year I couldn't imagine using anything else at the moment. I'd say give it a go until your normal bedding comes back in stock but don't dismiss it totally! x

dotty44

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I have tried it but because they are indoor piggies and i have asthma i found thd dust a little hard to bear. It is very absorbant though i have to agree so no complaints there. Small bags of fitch are back in stock and should last a while till the larger bags are back in stock as i only have one cage. I have put the megazorb for sale on gumtree if anyone here is interested for £10. Only a small amount of it has been used.

Bethanie97

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've used it before I only used it for one clean out I struggled coping with the smell and found it to be very dusty, also not the best stuff when you have a long haired piggies, I've stuck to puppy pads now.

Status
Not open for further replies.