• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Has Anyone Used This Bedding Before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittlePig

New Born Pup
Reaction score

I was in Pets at Home the other day when I came across it. I couldn't find it on their website though.

I was thinking about using it for my new piggies when I get them, but I am still undecided. Is it any good? The 17 litre pack expands to 51 litres but am not sure how much that is. How much floor space would that cover? Just trying to work out if it would be worth it.

Hi, we love cosindri, it's super soft and cosy. Only draw back is it is expensive so my guineas only get it In their litter trays but my hamster gets it as her main bedding. The smaller pack size did last about 3 weeks of hamster cage cleans and 2 litter trays so it does go far. :)

i have something similar i think.. Care fresh? its fab! i get a big bag for £20. much more expensive than wood chips but feels softer :)

I have used Cosi N Dri and I think it is the BEST paper bedding available. It is super soft and absorbent and keeps down odours very well. If they sold it in bigger packs (bigger than 17.5 L) I would seriously consider chucking in my fleeces and going back to Cosi N Dri. :tu:

Hi @LittlePig I can't see which bedding it is.

It's Supreme Cosi N Dri.

I used wood shavings for my last piggies but I know that's not very good for them so I don't want to use them unless absolutely necessary. Every other bedding I look at though just seems so expensive for what you get.

The 17.5 L bag I saw in Pets At Home was £14 and the hutch I want to get is 5ft by 2ft.

Can you use fleece for outdoor pigs?

Hmm, not something I have seen before. Is it similar to care fresh?

It's Supreme Cosi N Dri.

I used wood shavings for my last piggies but I know that's not very good for them so I don't want to use them unless absolutely necessary. Every other bedding I look at though just seems so expensive for what you get.

The 17.5 L bag I saw in Pets At Home was £14 and the hutch I want to get is 5ft by 2ft.

It looks similar to Fitch to me. You can get fitch in a huge bag for the same price :) http://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/ani...maller-critters-10kgs-12-99-inc-delivery.html

I used care fresh for ages until someone on here suggested Fitch, I use it for both my boys and u get a 20 kg bale for £20 delivered which last me a month for an 8x2 and 2 hamster cages. It's just as soft but does have the odd bit of card board which is not really a big issue.

It's Supreme Cosi N Dri.

I haven't tried this one (but have seen it) but I have tried Fitch and like that. Carefresh is more expensive than Fitch but if I could get it for the same price I would use Carefresh as I am a big fan of it.

I am currently using Aubiose which is a hemp based bedding (sold as horse bedding). It is about £11 for a 20kg bale so much cheaper and might be worth considering. You will need to get it from a local equine supplier though (most will order it for you if you ask) as buying it online brings the cost back up because delivery charge is expensive.

My understanding is that Aubiose doesn't have the same problem as wood shavings - the drying out of piggies feet. Some have tried it and found it stuck to their piggies bottoms a bit but I'm now on my third bale and haven't had any problems with that yet. My piggies feet all look good too!

You can use fleece for outdoor piggies. @MycuteBoys does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back