Has Harringtons Guinea Pig Food Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
First Burgess and now harringtons...........this piggie slave is going to go crazy! I opened a new bag of harringtons last night the nuggets are a lot smaller and darker. Piggies not keen to eat them now. I can't believe this has happened to burgess first and now Harringtons. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" that's what I say. Lol. Has anyone else feeding harringtons notice this or is it just me? image.jpgI have e mailed harringtons and told them the batch number and best before date. Also sent that pic. It would drive you crazy. :hb:

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Harringtons have e mailed back. Apologised for the change in nuggets size. I have to send them a sample of the food. So they can see what's changed.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
It has changed; I noticed as well. Thankfully, mine just eat anything as I mix and match to not get them fixated on just one particular brand.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I'm thinking I may have to do that too. Or I will end up stressed out. Lol.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh well I had better not complain then.

parkdaleangela

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've noticed a difference too, but quite opposite from your experience. The pellets in my 10kg bag are much bigger and the girls seem to be eating more of them.. I used to get quite a lot of waste with the small pellets but very little with these bigger ones.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I did notice they had got a little smaller. But the girls still seem just as keen to be eating them! How odd.

zedder

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes swapped to asda nuggets now pigs were not impressed with the new Harrington's also price rise to £4.50 2kg see you later Harrington's not happy.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I emailed them and complained as a whole bag of food was wasted, they asked me to send them a sample of food which I did. And they replied saying the pellets were slightly more crumbly than usual which might result in them being harder for the. Pigs to pick up. Hence the reason they weren't eating them. They sent me a £5 cheque to cover the cost of the uneaten food. (I donated the money to charity.)

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:DI have posted before about the change that I found with Harringtons. The bags of pellets are now half-filled with tiny bits that are much smaller than the normal pellets . These bits get left in the bowls and thrown away, thus wasting about half the bag. :td:

Rosehip

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We noticed the change too, but Lettie seems to prefer the smaller nuggets... Piper and Bluey of course don't!
We are now mixing PAH nuggets with Burgess Blackcurrent and Oregano and Science Selective... I like them to have a nice variety, and it means they don't get fixated on one particular feed xx

parkdaleangela

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Last time I ordered 2 x 10kg sacks from Petzilla, the Harringtons had the larger pieces. This time, same order, same supplier, the pieces are back to the small ones. Annoying because I think there's less waste with the larger pieces.

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Opend a new bag yesterday and it is still the same

Stella&Pepper

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anyone bought harringtons recently? Just ordered a 2kg from viovet and it's arrived the nuggets are huge! (Nearer to burgess size) pigs still enjoying them though.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anyone bought harringtons recently? Just ordered a 2kg from viovet and it's arrived the nuggets are huge! (Nearer to burgess size) pigs still enjoying them though.
Yes, I just opened a new bag and the nuggets are very big. I came on here to check that it wasn't just something wrong with my bag. I'm kind of annoyed because I liked that the nuggets were little. Pigs still like the taste but I can see that they find them more difficult to eat.

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi, just opened another bag and it is still the same ! it is like the new pic !

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2kg pack and they are big! The 10kg pack we had delivered yesterday are the smaller type. Will post compassion photos later. Piggies still loving them though

Julie M

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I don't understand why they keep changing them though. I've not bought anymore since my boys stopped eating them and they won't touch the burgess nuggets either. Lol I put them onto pets at home nuggets they are stopping eating them too. Lol. Fussy boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.