Have you ever had.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
................a piggie that chose you?

Until this week I have never had a pig that chose me and not the other way around but JJ has changed that! I love all my pigs but it has always been a case of me picking them or them ending up with me by default as they are not suitable for rehoming after coming in for fostering.

JJ is a different story! From when I first arrived at Thistle he would be up at the bars the moment I went in to the shed. He would get really cross if I didn't go over and talk to him. You can see in to the pig shed from the kitchen window at Thistle and every single time I looked out I could see his little face looking right back at me. It took me a long time to make up my mind to have him as I wasn't out to have any more pigs but in the end I knew I would always regret leaving him behind. I think what swung it for me is when he decided to keep on pulling my jumper into his cage when I was clipping claws in the shed! If he wanted me that much I just had to have him!

I shall let Beks explain how the name came about though - people think I am carzy enough already!

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
Aw thats a lovely story Kate... can't wait to hear about JJ and his name and catch up.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwww what a lovely story! I was so lucky to meet him, he is absolutely gorgeous and can totally understand why you just had to have him!
I look forward to seeing his pigtures ;D

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its great that Kate, he is so wonderful :) I'm so glad he chose you!

Its kind of happened to me before - well i think its fate - when i found Pootle a past piggy who had been left in an alleyway by my house - I had missed an earlier bus and wasnt going to walk down there in the dark but did and just came upon this tiny guinea - theres no way she would of survived the night as it went to -4 so I'm so glad i found her.

I must have a look at the photos in case theres some ive not seen.......

Beks

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It was very funny to see a piggy pulling a fully grown humans coat into his cage! And to see him staring at her from the window everytime we went in the kitchen or just outside the door was hilarious! ;D

As for his name well, Kate said she liked James as he reminded her of James the Cat (cartoon character), I'm sure some of you will remember him.... Me being me, I started to sing the jingle and JJ went crazy whistling at us, when I stopped he did, when I started again, he did too so he became James. It was shortened to JJ as James is a rather posh name and after we watched his antics around other pigs we realised he was no posh pig LOL! ;D

G

guineapigpal

Hi Kate, Beks and all... You two already know me as we me at Thistle, when you brought my wee Merino "Floss"... A big hello to you both, Kate I'm glad a piggy chose you instead of you choosing him ;) That is such a lovely story! A piggy with obvious good taste!

Looking forward to chatting with you all on here... Carol :) Off to look at the photo gallery....

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hey Carol - lovely to see you again!

I washed my hoodie over the weekend and it actually has tooth marks in it from JJ's antics! He had made his mind up that he belonged to me long before I did I think!

Beks

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Lovely to see you hear Carol, so glad you've joined!

Can't wait to see pics of 'all' your pigs ;D

G

guineapigpal

Lovely to be here... thanks for the welcome! :) I'll be posting pics up for yous as soon as I get the hang of how to ;)

The pics of JJ in the gallery are really nice, he's such a handsome guy! Sounds cheeky though... not something we should be surprised at with boars though eh? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.