• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Having trouble with Stubbins

Mo & Stubbins & Vani

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi! :)
I meant to post this a couple of days ago. :doh:
I cut the piggies' nails once a month.
We are having two problems with Stubbins' nails, however.
1. Her nails don't seem to be growing. When we picked her up a few days ago to cut them, they were really short (even though we hadn't cut them in a month).
2. Due to her diarrhea, Stubbins has poop on her nails. I didn't notice this quickly enough, so the poop became dry. My mom and I have tried everything from letting her paws soak in water to rubbing them with an eyelash brush, but nothing works. The poop is hard as rock, and we cannot figure out why.
Any advice is appreciated! :)

If you can sit her foot on a wet warm cotton wool ball and let it soak for a little while it should start to come off. Soft poo does tend to set like concrete. You can then message it off her feet if she’ll let you x

If you can sit her foot on a wet warm cotton wool ball and let it soak for a little while it should start to come off. Soft poo does tend to set like concrete. You can then message it off her feet if she’ll let you x
Thank you so much!
I wasn't sure whether or not I could use warm water. This was very helpful! :)

Back