• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay And Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky35

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I've noticed a few people buy hay from online shops. I have a farm shop local to me and I was planning on buying hay from them by the bale, is this not a good idea?

Also, I'm a bit confused over all the different pellet types, what does everyone think is the best one?!

I don't know about the hay per say, but I like to feed the Oxbow cavy cuisine pellets. my girls love them, and I have had no issues.

If you have a good farm shop - there is no problem buying hay by the bale from there. If I were you , I would just check it and make sure it is nice and fresh - and that you can store it somewhere where it won't get damp.

Pellets - this is a different subject altogether ! I think the majority of us are in agreement not to feed a muesli type guinea pig food. I will try and find a few links for you.

I quite like the look of the Science Selective I think. I was looking on Zooplus at their JR Farm pellets as well, has anyone tried those?

I quite like the look of the Science Selective I think. I was looking on Zooplus at their JR Farm pellets as well, has anyone tried those?
Hi I tried the JR Farm grain free pellets from Zoo plus. They smell lovely and fruity but they didnt go down too well with any of our 8 piggies. I didn't persevere though because they loved the Vitacraft emotion ones that @PiggyOwner mentions and I was happy to continue with those. If you prefer the price of the JR Farm ones, I reckon ours would have come round eventually because they did eat some.

By the way, picky point but the bag of the JR Frarm ones isn't very strong so you'd probably be best to decant them so you can keep them airtight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back