• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay bags, are these any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A few weeks back i was looking to buy some hay bags, but i couldnt find any. But i just done a search on amazon and found these.
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Westford-Mill-Cotton-Stuff-Bag/dp/B003N2B3LW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1288633979&sr=8-10[/ame]

They look like they will do the job and £4.99 is for 2 extra large bags, seems like a bargain price to me. I just want them to store some of the oxbow hay in as i transfer some from the large 22kg box into a primark bag, but they do break and thought a cotton bag with a drawstring would be better. :)

Nope but they seem like a good idea! Less mess and easier to close up than a carrier bag.

How about duvet covers?

My hay bags have got a couple of holes in them from when the farm guys manhandle them into the car, so I'm going to be buying a couple of cheap Tesco duvet covers and keeping them in that.

I have one that takes a whole bale of hay, these can be got from some equine supply shops

I bought one of the small ones from The Hay Experts

It's quite good but pretty small, so I mainly use for the stuff like Oxbow hay or Alfalfa King hay...It's not too good for normal hay because I can't even fit the half-sizes of Devon Medow Hay there.

So if you do get a cloth one, make sure it's a big one! It's better to have too much room...Than not enough! :)

I have one but as Momma Pig says they are not that big and I really have a fight trying to fit a leaf of hay into it for my indoor piggies.

Those hay bags look good.
I keep all my hay is a kitchen bin, its great as its less mess and where as before I kept it all in a bag it doesnt get holes etc x

What size is the hay bag that you got from the hay experts? I did have a look at those but they looked small. The ones on amazon are XL and they measure 75x50 cm.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back