• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay Box 3rd cut..

Isabellajones

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who buys the Soft Cut (3rd cut) hay from Hay Box:

The batch I had the other day is just AWFUL! It’s nothing but short spiky pieces. Absolutely dreadful for £28. Utter crap.

This is the first time I’ve had such a bad batch and I am hoping next time it will be better otherwise I’ll be switching to someone else.

Just wants to let anyone who uses the company and gets the soft cut to be prepared to be disappointed. Unless it just me who had a bad batch..?

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who buys the Soft Cut (3rd cut) hay from Hay Box:

The batch I had the other day is just AWFUL! It’s nothing but short spiky pieces. Absolutely dreadful for £28. Utter crap.

This is the first time I’ve had such a bad batch and I am hoping next time it will be better otherwise I’ll be switching to someone else.

Just wants to let anyone who uses the company and gets the soft cut to be prepared to be disappointed. Unless it just me who had a bad batch..?
It is very disappointing when the hay is not what you wanted. We count on our hay so much for our squeakers and it is not cheap either😤

Exactly. Nearly £30 for it to be awful with nothing but short pointy hard pieces which my pig won’t eat. I’ve had to mix in sweet green meadow hay from Natures Choice and he seems to be eating that. He’s SO fussy that’s the issue.

Yeah ,i had a musty smelling batch last time.customer services would not replace.I will not use them again.ive found timothy .co.uk soft timothy hay to be very green and consistent quality hay.

The batch that arrived yesterday is fine. Soft and smells lovely. I have read a lot of posts saying that Hy Box has gone down hill. This is the only really bad batch I’ve had since staring to use them a good 6 months or so ago.

I will definitely check out Timothy. Co if my next order is rubbish.

5kg of hay gone to Green Waste! What a waste money. 🤦🏻‍♀️

A lot of us on the forum gave up our Hay Box subscriptions (18mnts ago?) due to bad batches and poor customer service. I composted 10kg of mouldy smelling, brown soft cut. It doesn't sound like they are getting any better!
I thought I had found some decent hay by them (Timothy coarse cut & orchard hay). Reason I've stuck with them is because I struggle to find non meadow hay that is soft. My pigs have been prone to haypoke and bladder problems. But currently I'm stood picking out lots of pokey bits from the orchard hay 🤦 it's also got loads of musky brown bits in it. And has gone dusty so I'm wasting loads. It really needs to be cheaper.

I thought I had found some decent hay by them (Timothy coarse cut & orchard hay). Reason I've stuck with them is because I struggle to find non meadow hay that is soft. My pigs have been prone to haypoke and bladder problems. But currently I'm stood picking out lots of pokey bits from the orchard hay 🤦 it's also got loads of musky brown bits in it. And has gone dusty so I'm wasting loads. It really needs to be cheaper.

I’ve had orchard hay from happy hay co for many months now and have always received great service and brilliant quality hay

(I cancelled my hay box subscription due to poor customer service)

I’ve had orchard hay from happy hay co for many months now and have always received great service and brilliant quality hay

(I cancelled my hay box subscription due to poor customer service)
I've not tried their orchard hay. How soft it is please? I don't trust my pigs with coarse bits for their hay bury area.

It’s very soft. I bed all of my animals on hay in the whole of their cages so I like only soft hay also
Fab thank you. I will have to try some when I move. My current home has booklice in it which love cardboard boxes and kept going in my hay until I got plastic packed hay. But I'm moving next month 😊

Back