• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay For Pets Meadow Hay

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimzer

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone use the meadow hay from H4P? I bought the huge bag of Ings before along with the sample packs. My girls enjoyed the meadow hay sample pack so I thought I'd buy the meadow hay next time round.
My order of meadow hay arrived and it's totally different. The sample bag was thin, green strands and my delivery has a lot more straw like stalky pieces and hardly any green! I don't think my girls are enjoying it as much.

Anyone else noticed this?

My delivery...

:( We stopped using Dust Free Hay December as the hay was quite poor.... I guess it depends on the harvest, hoping to go back to them next month to see if the latest stuff is any better...

:( We stopped using Dust Free Hay December as the hay was quite poor.... I guess it depends on the harvest, hoping to go back to them next month to see if the latest stuff is any better...
Oh no that's a shame! It is annoying when you find something good and it changes :(
I am thinking I should have bought another bag of the Ings instead but the meadow hay in the sample packs looked so good!

Could just be a one off, it pays to try again at later date. It is infuriating though when you try a sample then the real stuff comes and it is not as you expect

I had the timothy hay last time, It's quite rought but the girls liked it. Just ordered the Ings hay so hopefully it's good!

the meadow hay has been worse quality lately. it happens every so often (as with all hays) so i'm hoping it will be nice again soon. i've just had to throw over half away this morning actually as it started to smell strange and i don't want to risk feeding it. got some deans farm meadow hay being delivered today so hopefully that will be nice. it usually is so i think i'll switch to that for a little bit then try hay4pets again in a few weeks :)

the meadow hay has been worse quality lately. it happens every so often (as with all hays) so i'm hoping it will be nice again soon. i've just had to throw over half away this morning actually as it started to smell strange and i don't want to risk feeding it. got some deans farm meadow hay being delivered today so hopefully that will be nice. it usually is so i think i'll switch to that for a little bit then try hay4pets again in a few weeks :)
Uh that's annoying! I have a 9kg bag to use up :( I just thought it would be the same stuff as the sample pack but now I'm thinking they make loads of sample packs up at one time so most likely from a previous batch of hay!

Uh that's annoying! I have a 9kg bag to use up :( I just thought it would be the same stuff as the sample pack but now I'm thinking they make loads of sample packs up at one time so most likely from a previous batch of hay!

hays a nightmare because it varies so much from batch to batch. even bag to bag really. i don't think this particular hay is ever really green though to to be honest, but they all usually still really enjoy it. and when it's a good batch (which is most of the time), it's lovely and soft.

they might still enjoy it though. sometimes i think a batch looks not that great and they all love it! :roll::))

hays a nightmare because it varies so much from batch to batch. even bag to bag really. i don't think this particular hay is ever really green though to to be honest, but they all usually still really enjoy it. and when it's a good batch (which is most of the time), it's lovely and soft.

they might still enjoy it though. sometimes i think a batch looks not that great and they all love it! :roll::))
My bag isn't very soft :( really stalky. I don't think my girls are enjoying it the same. Lots more bits being left this time compared to the Ings. Oh well maybe I'll have better luck with the next bag. Going to go back to Ings I think!

My last 2 deliveries have no been great. Either smell funny or lots and lots of very twiggy long strands which are not good as can cause terrible pokes. I told them and they replaced straight away x

After trying the sample we got a huge bag of meadow hay, I was disappointed that it is really stalky. My girls will only eat it from a litter tray and not from their hay rack or when I stuff it into cardboard tubes. Ithink it will go off before we get through it :(

My latest bag of timothy hay from hay for pets wasn't as good as the previous one. I normally buy the Ings and I'd bought a bag of it at the same time. The Ings was lovely. The timothy hay was more yellow and stalky than last time but I think it is just buying at different times of year.

My last 2 deliveries have no been great. Either smell funny or lots and lots of very twiggy long strands which are not good as can cause terrible pokes. I told them and they replaced straight away x
That's not good. I'm scared of the hay pokes too. I have messaged the company so just waiting for a reply.
After trying the sample we got a huge bag of meadow hay, I was disappointed that it is really stalky. My girls will only eat it from a litter tray and not from their hay rack or when I stuff it into cardboard tubes. Ithink it will go off before we get through it :(
That's exactly the same as me. I only bought the meadow hay because the sample bag was good! Really disappointed with it!

My most recent hay purchase was two 6.5 kg bags of soft English hay from Dust Free Hay. It looks and smells okay, and most important, it is dust-free! I think my herd prefer the Ings from Hay4Pets, though. They are taking a long time to get through this soft hay. I like the hay from Hay4Pets but found that a lot of it was just chaff when you get near the bottom half. There is not so much chaff in DFH hay. Still, I will probably go for more Ings when this last bag runs out.

I once bought some Stalky hay from DFH. It was a lovely golden yellow colour and looked more like straw!

My Ings hay from Hay For Pets should be here today, I'll see what it's like.

I'm getting a delivery of INGs and Meadow from hay4pets today too so will let everyone know.

I bought some soft and some stalky hay from dust free hay a few months ago and both types of hay were lovely .

As some above posters have already said , it is a natural product so varies. I once got some hay from hay for pets that I wasn't happy with - I told them and they replaced it with an alternative for me.

My Ings Hay came yesterday from Hay for Pets. It's the first time I've had Ings from there and it is beautiful, so soft and green and sweet. My girls are going mad for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back