• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay forageing cubes

Maddy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
You can get these off of Amazon and they look pretty good but I was wondering how many people on here have tried them

Do you mean the Rosewood ones? My piggies love them more than anything but make sure you buy the large size then the piggies can climb in and out- there've been a few horror stories of piggies getting their heads stuck in the smaller ones!

Mine love them! I get the Haycubes for a treat. They love to chew all the forage inside, make the hole a bit bigger then sit inside and eat them from the inside out. After a while I have to cut the bottom off as it gets all soggy with wee. As @PigglePuggle said make sure you buy the larger size Maddy.

I take the forage out and cut a piece of puppy pad to fit the bottom then put the forage back in. The cube lasts for ages this way as the bottom doesn't get soggy. I refill with hay as and when needed and change the pad every couple of days, Spike and Peanut spend hours making the holes bigger and turning it into a bed. None of my other 4 piggies are interested in them.

I am still gonna get them for when the pigs are in their play enclosure

I am gonna get an alfalfa one and a normal one

Sounds exciting if you are a piggy! Let us know which one they like best.

Back