• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hay mites...please help!

AnnieMills

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello,

The hey mites are not going! Egg casings are still there 😭 we’ve done 3 weeks of vets treatment... and now using lice & easy shampoo weekly...for 3 weeks, egg casings are still present...new hay...cage Disinfected weekly. What else can we do to try and get rid of these? I really appreciate any help at this point. The piggies are itchy but not very much

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
What treatment did you have? I have always found the need to nit comb the casings out of my piggies after treatment for hay mites.

AnnieMills

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Oh I can’t remember the name of vet treatment...it was in a little tube to squeeze on back of necks. Ah i May have to start nit combing them 😳 and another very short haircut again... they hate been washed and I don’t like doing it weekly to them