• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay & Straw Company

Blooberry

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Received my Timothy and rye from the hay and straw ingleton today. We usually get the Ings but I wanted to vary it a bit. Have to a say I’m a bit disappointed as it’s more woody than green and we’ve already had a hay poke eye recently! Anyone else ordered their hay lately?

Attachments

• 094FCF1E-7B35-4AB3-9921-79567176F59A.jpeg
    094FCF1E-7B35-4AB3-9921-79567176F59A.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 15
I ordered from there for the first time recently and it arrived today. I had the meadow hay though. Obviously can't compare it to previous hay but I'm happy with it. Quality of hay can vary from batch to batch though with it being a natural product. I only ordered as my haybox subscription is late being sent out, but I'm thinking of ordering from Hay and Straw again next time and if happy again then I think I'll switch 🙂
20210115_173424.jpg

I ordered from there for the first time recently and it arrived today. I had the meadow hay though. Obviously can't compare it to previous hay but I'm happy with it. Quality of hay can vary from batch to batch though with it being a natural product. I only ordered as my haybox subscription is late being sent out, but I'm thinking of ordering from Hay and Straw again next time and if happy again then I think I'll switch 🙂
View attachment 164332
Crested piggies that looks better than the Timothy. I appreciate that the quality may vary and they’re great at hay and straw but it’s a shame when it’s not quite what you were expecting. 🙁

I was going to comment that in the past when I was disappointed in their hay when I reached out to them they always sent a replacement.
Ive not ordered from them in a while actually. I seem to order from all over at the moment!

I was going to comment that in the past when I was disappointed in their hay when I reached out to them they always sent a replacement.
Ive not ordered from them in a while actually. I seem to order from all over at the moment!

I'm the same, I had a bad lot with lots of thistle in it and wasn't happy with the response I go so went back to timothyhay.co.uk. They have been the most reliable one so far, especially with the Saturday delivery

I'm the same, I had a bad lot with lots of thistle in it and wasn't happy with the response I go so went back to timothyhay.co.uk. They have been the most reliable one so far, especially with the Saturday delivery
Yes I ordered last from Timothy hay but wasn’t that impressed and the pigs didn’t seem to like it. They did love the orchard grass hah from there though. But the deliver was excellent I must say! Ha. I guess it’s hit and miss depending on the batch wherever you go.

Well now I'm dithering between Timothy hay and the Hay and Straw one, but can I ask does the latter always come in plastic bags - that would make life easier than cardboard boxes that arrive in the pouring rain?

Well now I'm dithering between Timothy hay and the Hay and Straw one, but can I ask does the latter always come in plastic bags - that would make life easier than cardboard boxes that arrive in the pouring rain?

Bluebell I like Timothy hay too. The hay from hay and straw always comes in plastic bags. They said they were getting in some meadow today but I swapped the Timothy and-rye for Ings. Decisions! I’ve noticed that there are quite a few more suppliers out there now .. happy hay company for one. If you subscribe you get 10% off. A new local independent shop sells some lovely Timothy but it’s nearly £5 per kg. We get through that in under 2 days! I’m trying to persuade them to tell me who there supplier is!
I

Yes I ordered last from Timothy hay but wasn’t that impressed and the pigs didn’t seem to like it. They did love the orchard grass hah from there though. But the deliver was excellent I must say! Ha. I guess it’s hit and miss depending on the batch wherever you go.
Lavinia I know what you mean. I got a sample of the orchard hay .. it went down well here too. Difficult isn’t it and you just can’t be without!

Chrystella sorry to hear that. Delivery is great but it can be hit and miss. A pain if you order a 9kgs!

Me too .. I keep looking for that elusive perfect hay! Lol 😂 I like there ings but I like to change it up. And I don’t don’t what the nutritional profile is for the Ings... like for rye hay they recommend less pellets as has a higher calcium content.

When I last ordered hay box it took ages for the pigs to get into it. So when I ran out I ordered Timothy hay.co.uk. But they turned their nose up at it and after hay box hay it was practically all brown! Ha
But we are nearly finished so now I’ve gone back to hay box. So hoping they remember that they liked it!
You’re right. Our whole life is searching for the elusive perfect hay. 😂

Back