• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hay was stuck in the corner of Elvis's eye- do I need to go to the vet?

Yes I'll make sure to update you all on how it went. I'm so lucky that my local vets is so good with guinea pigs.

good to hear you've got an appointment. his eye definitely doesn't look right but I've certainly seen way worse hay poke heal up in a couple of weeks once the eye is clear and they're getting regular eye drops. good luck tomorrow I look forward to hearing how he gets on.

Phoebe would like Elvis to know that she has a lot of sympathy with him.
She also says that having to have eye drops is a very good excuse to make slaves play a game of Catch Me If You Can

Hello Phoebe,
Don't worry I'm already very good at that game from my 6 weeks of yucky yucky Baytril :)) :)) Thank you for sympathy x
Wheeky wheeks,
From Elvis

Hi everyone here's an update on Elvis for you.
The vet said he has mild conjunctivitis so we have Isathal eye drops to apply twice daily for 7 days. She couldn't see anything still in his eye or any scratches on it. Elvis is still fine in himself like he always had been

Thanks for the nice comments everyone 😊I'm about to do his eye drops for the first time so wish me luck 😬🤣 I doubt he will be a good boy @Sweet Potato he has a habit of pulling at clothes and skin whenever he's held... I'm trying to get on top of it though

Just to make you feel really good Dennis, Betsy, Christian and Meg just sit there and let me put eye drops in. Have yet to find out how Pretty Patsy will react.

Can he please come and teach Gundham that they're really not that bad. Gundham has a nasty tendency to toss his head about just as I'm about to drop it in so the bottle hits him on the head, nearly poked his eye out a few times with that little trick. not to mention the amount of times he's shaken the eye drops all over me as soon as they touch him.

After a promising start Elvis has decided he'd rather play catch me if you can than let me pick him up 2 minutes or so 🤦🏼‍♀️ It took me about half an hour to catch him the other day! And he's also taken up the habit of closing his eye at the exact moment the drop drops. He does like to be difficult 🤣 At least he doesn't toss his head all over the place @Sweet Potato 🤣🤣

Hi everyone just a little update in Elvis.
Saturday morning was the end of his course of eye drops but on Sunday I saw him squinting his eye a bit and yesterday it was a little watery (not as much as before but still watery). I emailed the vets and they said to use the ointment as prescribed before and if we don't see improvement in 24hrs of restarting the medicine they want to see him again.

I've been at school so I haven't been able to check throughout the day but it looks fine at the moment (thanks for asking 😊). I'll keep having a look now I'm home but my worry is that because the squinting/ watering isn't constant and doesn't last very long it'll look fine this evening and I'll think I can stop the eye drops again and then he'll squint it again tomorrow...

Back