• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midge&Panda

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can some-one just confirm that green hay is the best to feed piggies. I've always thought so. I've just brought a bag from the usual source the stuff on the shelves was rather dark and brown. So I asked the asst for a different bag -any that was a bit paler and greener. She brought a bag out from the store room that was more suitable but she did say that because hay is a natural product it comes in all colours and the brown stuff was perfectly ok to feed piggies. Any thoughts or have I just been wasting time trawlling around pet shops looking for green hay.

I don't know if its because its Green, I use Oxbow as it is proven to have less beasties due too it being imported. X

I tend to search out the greenest bag of hay i can find in the pet shop - but only because i think the greener it is the fresher it is ;)

I always search for the greenest hay for my rabbits. i think because its fresher and smells gorgeous. Brown/yellow hay is older and doesn't smell as sweet. I'd only use brown/yellow hay for bedding, not as feeding hay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back