• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Haybox

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi everyone just wondering what your haybox subscription looks like in terms of quantity? We have a small house and limited space to put things so I started smaller, think I might have to change it

F9675801-8D90-4DA6-A504-1CEA3648C544.jpeg

I get one 5kg meadow hay box every 4 weeks but I'm still trying to work out what the best timing is as I've not long subscribed.

We are getting 5kg of meadow and 5kg of timothy every 3 weeks. We could probably do every 4 but I‘m way too worried that we run out haha. But our 4 munch through most of it in 3 weeks to be fair. We keep 2 smaller boxes right next to the cage and have the big 5kg boxes in the shed :)

So you’re having one 2.5kg box every two weeks - I know that would not be enough for my two piggies just for eating, we’d run out before the next delivery arrived.
I have 15-20kg (3 or 4 x 5kg boxes) every three weeks but I have five animals to feed and bed!

So you’re having one 2.5kg box every two weeks - I know that would not be enough for my two piggies just for eating, we’d run out before the next delivery arrived.
I have 15-20kg (3 or 4 x 5kg boxes) every three weeks but I have five animals to feed and bed!

I was thinking that as well - I know you can edit your order but I’m just so stuck on how much we need! I got way too much last time. Think I’m going to have a look at what’s available again and edit the plan. As soon as I did it I was sat there thinking it’s going to be gone so fast! I’ve just changed it to every week instead. Small box every week should be ok. We’ve got spare hay too but with the brand always changing and mum panicking when to get it it’s just perfect to go with haybox instead

I was thinking that as well - I know you can edit your order but I’m just so stuck on how much we need! I got way too much last time. Think I’m going to have a look at what’s available again and edit the plan. As soon as I did it I was sat there thinking it’s going to be gone so fast!

What amount did you order last time?

What amount did you order last time?

I got the 5kg. The thing is I guess storage wise it has to go in the bedroom or in the garage, garage things get damp or weird a lot of the time and it’s home to tons of bugs, bedroom is very small so it’s just not having anywhere to put it

How long did the 5kg last you?

my goldfish memory is failing me, I’d say it lasted around 2 weeks but they use more hay now honestly, they’re not happy unless they have Mount Everest in hay. I think the 2.5kg a week is perfect thinking about it now, if we run out there’s always spare and if there’s some left over then great :)

my goldfish memory is failing me, I’d say it lasted around 2 weeks but they use more hay now honestly, they’re not happy unless they have Mount Everest in hay. I think the 2.5kg a week is perfect thinking about it now, if we run out there’s always spare and if there’s some left over then great :)

I'm just wondering if my memory serves me, buying a 5kg every two weeks would be cheaper than buying a 2.5kg every week, i know you’ve said storage is your issue though - could you keep hold of two empty 2.5kg boxes. Switch to ordering 5kg every two weeks to make it cheaper (if it is indeed cheaper - I might be misremembering) and then just decant the hay into the two 2.5kg boxes for easier storage In the room?
(I’ve had a rotten day so I may not be working things out properly!)

I'm just wondering if my memory serves me, buying a 5kg every two weeks would be cheaper than buying a 2.5kg every week, i know you’ve said storage is your issue though - could you keep hold of two empty 2.5kg boxes. Switch to ordering 5kg every two weeks to make it cheaper (if it is indeed cheaper - I might be misremembering) and then just decant the hay into the two 2.5kg boxes for easier storage In the room?
(I’ve had a rotten day so I may not be working things out properly!)

will have a look and if it is cheaper we’ll save two boxes then change the subscription :) I used to put it in bin bags and keep it there but it felt weird doing that because wasn’t sure how fresh the bags were keeping it. We got their nuggets in an old bird seed box. Always finding convenient, smaller ways to store things lol :)
I hope your day gets even a little better x

I have a 5kg subscription every 3 weeks. I buy two 2.5kg boxes coz the 5kg box won't fit in the cupboard where I keep it. A 2.5kg box lasts between 12-14 days for my 3 piggies. My subscription used to be every 4 weeks but I changed it to 3 weeks just before Christmas thinking it'll get delays, which it did (and still does). My subscription has been processed Friday last week and up to now it still hasn't been sent. 👎 I sent them a message for update on Wednesday and been told it'll be sent on Thursday. It's now Friday and I still don't have any notification from them being sent. :rtm:

I have a 5kg subscription every 3 weeks. I buy two 2.5kg boxes coz the 5kg box won't fit in the cupboard where I keep it. A 2.5kg box lasts between 12-14 days for my 3 piggies. My subscription used to be every 4 weeks but I changed it to 3 weeks just before Christmas thinking it'll get delays, which it did (and still does). My subscription has been processed Friday last week and up to now it still hasn't been sent. 👎 I sent them a message for update on Wednesday and been told it'll be sent on Thursday. It's now Friday and I still don't have any notification from them being sent. :rtm:

really hope you get something soon :( the snow can’t be helping either x

I store the box in my piggie shed (which is closed for the season as it's too cold and don't fancy doing all the heater setting, snugglesafe heating chores this year...) along with bale of meadow hay from country store.
I get the 5kg meadow hay blend box as still get good deal and free delivery, but isn't too big to store. Mine only have that as feeding hay and it lasts 3-4wks with 4 piggies. They have meadow hay as bedding in litter trays etc.
With deliveries. My last order took 4 days from day of purchase to delivery. I am not subscribed, just order when I need.

really hope you get something soon :( the snow can’t be helping either x
Good thing I'm still only halfway with one 2.5kg box and one unopened 2.5kg box that was delivered just before Christmas. I made sure I have one box spare so the piggies won't run out of it. I do also have the Oxbow Timothy and Orchard hay bags but my piggies use the meadow hay for grazing on the floor.

Good thing I'm still only halfway with one 2.5kg box and one unopened 2.5kg box that was delivered just before Christmas. I made sure I have one box spare so the piggies won't run out of it. I do also have the Oxbow Timothy and Orchard hay bags but my piggies use the meadow hay for grazing on the floor.

lucky piggies have a whole hay feast still! :) our post hasn’t been bad but since the heavy snow nothing is able to get here at the minute. We have some hay that we don’t usually get - it’s really soft but it doesn’t feel as great in quality. Hoping haybox don’t leave our order too long - just purchased it today :) x

Same here, my subscription was processed on Saturday but not heard anything since, despite getting in touch with them. I had problems with part of my order missing before Christmas too. This time I've had to order more hay to see me through from Hay and Straw, and it arrived less than 48 hours after ordering 🙂 but hopefully my haybox turns up soon!

I store the box in my piggie shed (which is closed for the season as it's too cold and don't fancy doing all the heater setting, snugglesafe heating chores this year...) along with bale of meadow hay from country store.
I get the 5kg meadow hay blend box as still get good deal and free delivery, but isn't too big to store. Mine only have that as feeding hay and it lasts 3-4wks with 4 piggies. They have meadow hay as bedding in litter trays etc.
With deliveries. My last order took 4 days from day of purchase to delivery. I am not subscribed, just order when I need.

My brain doesn't work today... I buy 5kg Timothy blend from Haybox and bale of meadow hay from country store 😂

5kg of meadow lasts us about 5-6 weeks at the moment but Timothy was 5kg every 4 weeks, I’m going back to a 50/50 box now they have this new Timothy blend will probably put that on a 5 week subscription and see how we go!

It's such a shame Hay Box are getting unreliable, they used to be so good. I have 10kg every 4 weeks, mine is due to be despatched today but I've heard nothing from them. We seem to have gone through it quicker this time (so many thick stems they won't eat) so we've only got 3 or 4 days left! Got to go piggie veg shopping this afternoon so will look in the pet shop and see what they've got, the boys won't be happy. I also ordered a 5kg box of the blend not on subscription a week ago and I've heard nothing after the order acknowledgement. I'm thinking of trying somewhere else for our hay.

Back