• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Hayfever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this sounds a bit dim, but can piggies suffer with hayfever?

Yesterday, Ton had a really runny nose and was sneezing quite a lot. I put a cool fan on them for a few hours as there wasn't much breeze coming in from the windows, and things seemed to ease off. Then in the evening I turned it off cos it was getting a bit cooler and his nose started to run again.

He seems fine when the fan is on.

Any ideas?

Not too bad this morning. Still got a runny nose, and will put fan on when my brother decides to wake up as I can't reach it! ;D

xx Kelly xx

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I don't know, there's nothing unusual in their hutch, just that the weather has changed ;D

P

princessguinea

well, the weather may be bringing in some foreign substance or dust in the air? ?

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Sumo has a lot of allergies - including hay believe it or not! He also gets typical 'hayfever' when the pollen count is high just like me!

He has been very poorly with them in the past but I have his problems pretty much under control. A dot of vaseline on the end of the nose is a good place to start as it stops pollen etc getting up the nose and causing irritation.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Oh ta! I's good to know that I'm not being a ditz! ;D

Tonni's never been like it before. He's not too bad now. The fan is on low and he's fine. Not sneezing or hardly any runny nose!

I'll keep the vaseline in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.