• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Head jutting

Shannonford101

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Any idea what this head jutting may be for. He did it quite a few times in a row and has now stopped. I haven’t seen him do this before so just completely baffled me.

I’m sorry I don’t have a clue. Has he done it again since you did the video? Perhaps email the vets and see what they think if you’re still worried.

I’m sorry I don’t have a clue. Has he done it again since you did the video? Perhaps email the vets and see what they think if you’re still worried.
Unfortunately he’s now on and off doing a weird wheezy breathing. I’m going to take him to the vets just to be sure. The last week he’s suddenly become more tame and let’s me pick him up and he’s also got an eye droop (which he’s had for a couple months). It’s all a bit weird so I’m going to pop to the vets just to be sure.
bloody annoying animals - second guinea pig vets trip in a fortnight 🤣

when i stroke mine i get the odd head butt which indicates to me ' GET OFF Mum...... :lol!:

Best to get him checked at the vets if you are concerned though

when i stroke mine i get the odd head butt which indicates to me ' GET OFF Mum...... :lol!:

Best to get him checked at the vets if you are concerned though
We have seen head butting before but this was more of a random persistent jutting.

Back