• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Head waving

Three'sAHerd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,
My three-year-old sow is waving her head away from fresh food whenever I hold it out, though she will finally eat it after about 25 seconds of head waving. Has anyone encountered this before? Her cage partner the same age is fine and neither have lost weight.

Hello,
My three-year-old sow is waving her head away from fresh food whenever I hold it out, though she will finally eat it after about 25 seconds of head waving. Has anyone encountered this before? Her cage partner the same age is fine and neither have lost weight.

Hi! Please have her vet checked in case she has an irritation in her ears (ear mites or wax) which is more noticeable as soon as she trying to open her jaw and put pressure on the ears.

Do NOT pour anything down the ears on spec; you can do more harm than good and make things worse.

Hi! Please have her vet checked in case she has an irritation in her ears (ear mites or wax) which is more noticeable as soon as she trying to open her jaw and put pressure on the ears.

Do NOT pour anything down the ears on spec; you can do more harm than good and make things worse.
Thanks- will do, stupid question, is it infectious?

Is there anything I could do in the meantime while I wait for the appointment?

Check her ear whether u see any crust in her ear and please immediately take her to vet

Sorry this is so late; we went to the vets and were given ear cleaner and ear drops and they are good as new:clap::D

Back