• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Heat Stroke (died :( )

Dion

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So my 6 year old guinea pig died yesterday R.I.P cicko I am angry because 2 months ago he got 2 lumps under his neck and I visited all vets before the final one that helped us all others where saying he is dead he needs to be euthanized but no we got medicine and we syringe feed him for 2 weeks he was getting better and and like a month ago he was back to his full self with lumps going smaller..bur he lost alot of weight (which he gained back) but it was big schock for body so this summer we choosed to take him on holiday since we tought it would be our last and on the first day of holiday my brother mom and dad went to beach and i stayed in hotel i filled my guineas water and made sure that fan is blowing on him and put some lettuce i fell asleep while watching him eat some lettuce(last time i would see him alive) when i waked up my brother was near his cage (maybe 1 hour later) and said I think cicko isnt feeling well at that point i opened the cage and took him out from his little house he was limp and hot i took him to bathroom and slowly sprayed water but he was already dead.

**edited by a mod**

I'm very sorry that you lost your Guinea Pig,
He was obviously important to you and it's such a blow when he was getting better.
Please try not to be too hard on yourself, it's a terrible situation to have happened.

X Cicko run free over the rainbow bridge x

If you would like to you could post a thread in the rainbow bridge section to remember him by.

Sending lots of hugs your way.

*Hugs*

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please feel free to leave a tribute in our Rainbow Bridge thread. Popcorn free little fellow.

I'm very sorry that you lost your Guinea Pig,
He was obviously important to you and it's such a blow when he was getting better.
Please try not to be too hard on yourself, it's a terrible situation to have happened.

X Cicko run free over the rainbow bridge x

If you would like to you could post a thread in the rainbow bridge section to remember him by.

Sending lots of hugs your way.

*Hugs*
Thank you so much it means a lot to have someone that understands me belive it or not I am looked on as tough guy so I can not let anyone see me sad over it. I don't search understanding because if I did my reputation would fall and I would be mocked in my group so it is great to have sites like this with people that understand I am actually angry and sad still cant belive it happend

Thank you so much it means a lot to have someone that understands me belive it or not I am looked on as tough guy so I can not let anyone see me sad over it. I don't search understanding because if I did my reputation would fall and I would be mocked in my group so it is great to have sites like this with people that understand I am actually angry and sad still cant belive it happend

I'm glad you've found the site then :)
It really is a community, we all feel the pain when someone loses a Piggie, everyone hurts when they hear about it even thought they don't know the piggie themselves.

I'm so sorry, lot of the members are running around with covered ice packs. Unfortunately heat stroke is a killer. It's not your fault it's one of those things you were a good piggy mum. Hugs to you.

Sleep tight little one.
Run free over the rainbow bridge

I thi
I'm so sorry, lot of the members are running around with covered ice packs. Unfortunately heat stroke is a killer. It's not your fault it's one of those things you were a good piggy mum. Hugs to you.

Sleep tight little one.

I think Dion is a Piggie dad :)

Sleep tight little one.
I am a guy but it really dosen't matter thank you guys means alot ffs I am still so mad on myself

I am a guy but it really dosen't matter thank you guys means alot ffs I am still so mad on myself

That's understandable, but now you know and have learned from this, you will be better equipped to deal with heat stroke in the future :(

That's understandable, but now you know and have learned from this, you will be better equipped to deal with heat stroke in the future :(
He was my love i am devasted but I also think it was kinda his time because alot of my friends lost older guinea pigs during summer in perfect condition i also thinks this two last months where a gift since when he got those lumps to me was like he said i am near on my way out and from then not a 'inute he would be alone always with me brother and parents and now he decided to go I really hope we gave him good life and he is somewhere nice now we burried him with his little house and all of his food.. he is with me for past 6 years i got him as a child now I'm almost 18 pretty good friend i must say sleep well bro

Why do I always think anyone is a guy. Sorrrrrry

It is hard to tell sometimes with just photos of Guinea pigs and text! :)

He was my love i am devasted but I also think it was kinda his time because alot of my friends lost older guinea pigs during summer in perfect condition i also thinks this two last months where a gift since when he got those lumps to me was like he said i am near on my way out and from then not a 'inute he would be alone always with me brother and parents and now he decided to go I really hope we gave him good life and he is somewhere nice now we burried him with his little house and all of his food.. he is with me for past 6 years i got him as a child now I'm almost 18 pretty good friend i must say sleep well bro

He sounds like he had 6 amazing years with you, he would have known how much you loved him and he would have loved you too,
And you got two extra months with him that you might not have if things had turned out differently and like you say he wasn't alone :)

He sounds like he has been laid to rest in a beautiful way :)
He was a very lucky Piggie to have you,
Many people don't care enough but I can tell you cared for him a lot and it shows, I'm sure he knew how much you loved him, he had a brilliant life with you! :)

It is hard to tell sometimes with just photos of Guinea pigs and text! :)

He sounds like he had 6 amazing years with you, he would have known how much you loved him and he would have loved you too,
And you got two extra months with him that you might not have if things had turned out differently and like you say he wasn't alone :)

He sounds like he has been laid to rest in a beautiful way :)
He was a very lucky Piggie to have you,
Many people don't care enough but I can tell you cared for him a lot and it shows, I'm sure he knew how much you loved him, he had a brilliant life with you! :)
Thank you so much my friend I really hope so its hard for me I hope it will get better he was my first pet and its the hardes lime i lost part of me thinking i will never pet him.. It will be so hard opening the fridge or touching plastic bags without hearing him screaming and jumping for food even tho i gave him alot like 4 mins ago

They become so much a part of the days routine like that! :)
Guineas are so sweet and loud!

It good to remember all the good times
And they're personalities :)

I'm glad you've found the site then :)
It really is a community, we all feel the pain when someone loses a Piggie, everyone hurts when they hear about it even thought they don't know the piggie themselves.
Our families hearts break for you, we know the feeling first hand ourselves☹️ It's devastating, but talking helps. I hate when we were tol , it's just a pig! No , they are family. He was our 10yr olds daughtor, he was her best friend, I hope this starts to ease your pain. Your piggy is our piggy too hugs to u sweetie❤️❤️

So my 6 year old guinea pig died yesterday R.I.P cicko I am angry because 2 months ago he got 2 lumps under his neck and I visited all vets before the final one that helped us all others where saying he is dead he needs to be euthanized but no we got medicine and we syringe feed him for 2 weeks he was getting better and and like a month ago he was back to his full self with lumps going smaller..bur he lost alot of weight (which he gained back) but it was big schock for body so this summer we choosed to take him on holiday since we tought it would be our last and on the first day of holiday my brother mom and dad went to beach and i stayed in hotel i filled my guineas water and made sure that fan is blowing on him and put some lettuce i fell asleep while watching him eat some lettuce(last time i would see him alive) when i waked up my brother was near his cage (maybe 1 hour later) and said I think cicko isnt feeling well at that point i opened the cage and took him out from his little house he was limp and hot i took him to bathroom and slowly sprayed water but he was already dead.

**edited by a mod**
sending hugs :hug::soz:

Back