heatings on

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
last evening it got cold so it was time, that time of the year when my electricity bills goes mad lol yes the heating is now on in the sheds, found some of them this morning with their little legs stretched out behind them enjoying the warmth, bless them, ;)

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
aww bless.

my boys and i had the heating on in the living room for the first time last night. its my first winter in my flat so had to ask my dad how to switch it on :)

I noticed Malcolm had his back legs out too so maybe he was more comfy than usual

H

hairdi

? Yeah, cold last night here ( Bucks ) so put shed heating on, also left light on today, so dull.

D

DebbieR

Even I was cold last night :o I had to put my fluffy socks on :o So G&M got extra hay and a blanket round the cage :)

Deb

Reaction score
Yes. me too feeling cold! have been having the heater on in piggies shed at night... but thinking of leaving it on a lot longer now. I give them extra hay and they have their houses etc, but its just too cold for me!

I hate the damp as well we have... bad news for piggies! i would rather it be cold than damp.

Deb x

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
funny you say damp. i've got some too :( in fact i'm just trawling through the internet to find out what i can do about it.

my pigs don't seem bothered though. as long as they've got their veg :D

B

blondecat

My pigs are outside in hutches and I cover them at night - one with a picnic blanket and one with a doubled duvet cover. Last night I put a big piece of rubber backed carpet round them as well. Do you think this is enough or should I move them into the garage? (its never been used for cars). I have ordered a hutch snuggle - would these be ok? I hate to think they might be cold.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
if you can put them in the garage that would be better people are often wrong in assuming GPs are like rabbits and can tolerate cold, and use the hutch snuggle for when its really cold, try to leave the doors open and a light on if possible

B

blondecat

They're in! I need two more hutch snuggles! I've left light on. My husband is looking at putting heating in. This is the same husband that tutted and sighed when I first wanted to get a piggy. The same one that walks in from work with fresh greens every day! I think someone is a closet pig fan!!

michellemuffin

Reaction score
blondecat said:
They're in! I need two more hutch snuggles! I've left light on. My husband is looking at putting heating in. This is the same husband that tutted and sighed when I first wanted to get a piggy. The same one that walks in from work with fresh greens every day! I think someone is a closet pig fan!!

ah bless him, my hubby often comes back from the organic veg shop the lady there saves him carrot tops etc, so glad your piggys are snug and warm

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Duke sleeps inside in the workshop, was supposed to be for hubby only, but piggies took over ;D
Even tho he's inside when it's cold outside i still put a sheet over the top of the cage, weighed down in the corners so it wont collapse and plenty of breathing room, just to keep the cold air from settling in on him. Duke's now 4 years and nearly 9 months so i take extra care, he also gets towels to sleep on at night to keep him warmer :)
We're now heading into summer so i have to make sure he doesn't snuggle down too much and over heat :(

Status
Not open for further replies.