• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hello I’m new

J_Alvarez

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello I’m new to this guinea pig stuff and I wanted some help cause i have a cage where it’s divided into 2 sides 1 is where he sleeps and the other is where he play and today he doesn’t want to go to the other side where he usually sleeps and he just stays in his play area and every time I try to encourage him to go to the other side he gets scared and runs away from it like if it was his first time exploring the place.

Perhaps he just wants to stay there, he may feel more comfortable in that section. Guinea pigs tend to sleep wherever they want though so he it’s likely he sleeps and plays in both areas since he won’t actually know that to you each area has a different meaning.

Is he eating hay properly? Is he losing weight? If there are health issues then you must take him to a vet For a check

Does he live alone? Guinea pigs are highly social herd animals and must be kept in pairs. Single piggies get very lonely, so if he is alone, then do get him a friend. Youll also have to check your cage is big enough - two males piggies need a cage of 180x60cm.

A Comprehensive Guide to Guinea Pig Boars
Single Guinea Pigs - Challenges and Responsibilities
Companionship

Last edited:
Back