• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! Eye Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephany

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I have a guinea pig name Mickey and about a month I noticed that he has this red looking thing on his eye but I'm not sure what it's called ? I'm really concern. It doesn't seem like it bothers him or anything he eats normal and acts pretty normal too. I just need advice whether to go to the vet or not ? Or what I should do ? Please I need help I'm really worried..

Attachments

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oo that doesn't look very nice :( In MY opinion I'd take him to the vets just to have it checked out. It's always good to get a vets opinion :)

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I have a guinea pig name Mickey and about a month I noticed that he has this red looking thing on his eye but I'm not sure what it's called ? I'm really concern. It doesn't seem like it bothers him or anything he eats normal and acts pretty normal too. I just need advice whether to go to the vet or not ? Or what I should do ? Please I need help I'm really worried..
Please have it checked by a vet; it could be conjunctivitis. Guinea pigs can develop a so called pea or fatty eye where the conjunctiva is visible, but as yours is quite red, I would make sure that it is not inflamed.

Could you please add your country and/or state to your details, as we have members from all over the world. Your location is a bit too local unfortunately!

Stephany

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Please have it checked by a vet; it could be conjunctivitis. Guinea pigs can develop a so called pea or fatty eye where the conjunctiva is visible, but as yours is quite red, I would make sure that it is not inflamed.

Could you please add your country and/or state to your details, as we have members from all over the world. Your location is a bit too local unfortunately!
Thank you so much! And yeah I'll do that

Status
Not open for further replies.