• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help Fall Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polly and Rosie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking after two piggies for someone and have placed them in the piggy room. Our piggies are in the room in a seperate cage from the new piggys aand have started fighting with teeth chattering. Can anyone help @Wiebke
Thanks

They are both sows. My 2 are in one cage, the other piggies are in a seperate cage.

If one of your girls has got ovarian cyst/aggression issues, it can still upset a somewhat fragile balance. Can you split the cage to let them cool down and see how it goes after a bt of a breather? Sows don't need a buddy bath as that is there to remove any excessive testosterone stink from boars pee spraying.

They have seemed to have calmed down. I think I will leave them as there is no more agression.

Sows usually settle down much easier than boars, thankfully! I hope that they just had a spat and that things are going to back to normal.

Yes, will look out for more unusual behaviour and thanks for the links they were very helpful!

Oh good luck. I hope they settle. I looked after 2 boars for a friend last summer who looked like they were trying to kill each other when I put them on the lawn. I can only assume they could smell my girls had been there, as I kept them shut in the shed when the boys were out. They had been fine the previous year. It was horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back