• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! First Time Guinea Owner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda H

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hey there,

So I adopted a guinea pig this past weekend ....I bought everything she needed (spacious cage, hay, food with vitamins in it etc...)

I noticed Sunday morning there was pink stuff in her cage, it looked like it might be vomit? It was kind of thick but some parts were watery?

This is my first time owning a guinea pig so I'm getting kind of nervous, I woke up today and seen even more pink stuff in her cage so now I'm definitely worried.

1) I'm not sure if it's puke or pee? Maybe diarrhea?

2) What could be causing this? (food? getting sick? nervous?)

I can post a picture when I get home from work if needed.

Please help :) I really like her and don't want anything to happen to her since I just got her.

I'm not sure if this helps but the people told me she just got over having a cold but she was fine hence why I was able to take her home Saturday.

I find your description puzzling, what bedding are you keeping her on? Is the thicker parts likely to be it mixing with bedding? If it is pee then it could be UTI, stones etc. Either way there is definitely something not right so I would recommend a vet check as soon as possible as piggies have a tendency to go downhill very quickly. If you can let us know which country/area you are in we may be able to point you in the direction of some cavy savvy vets. Did you get her from a rescue? If so, did they mention that she had had a recent health check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back