• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help! Getting My Piggies' Nails Cut Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kara

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I have two baby pigs (5 months old, 6 months old) and it is time for their first nail trimming! I made an appointment with a vet near me and we are going in two days. I know this is going to be a traumatic experience for them, so is there anything I can do to make them more comfortable? Either before or after? I don't want them to hate me for bringing them there! They are both still pretty skittish and nervous as i have only owned them for a little over two months. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
- Arnold and Vincent are my piggies names :)

When i take any of my animals to the vets I give them there favorite treat when we get back, and before depending on what they're going in for. So they don't relate it with just all horrible experiences yano? Its more like "oh god that was horrible but OOOO NOM YUMMY PARSLEY" or.. whatever they favorite veg is!

Its like when I was a child I use to not be scared of the dentist because I got a sweet afterwards? I dont know if it works the same way. But mostly my younger cat and piggie arn't scared of there carry case because I give them a treat when they in it. The smells at the vet is always going to frighten or scare them. But at least its not all bad. Also it makes me feel better giving them treats so they dont hate me :)

My piggies are fine when they go and have their claws clipped :) They wriggle a little but apart from that no problem... well apart from Jericho who is a biter lol, I don't envy the person cutting his claws lol.

Thank you everyone! Sorry I'm just getting back to you. Everything went fine and wasn't half as difficult of an experience as I thought it would be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back