• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help I Think Coco Is Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
shes choking and muched up food is pouring out her nose!
I'm waiting to get a lift to the small animal hospital emergency vets, but I'm freaking out! is she dying?

@Pebble

This is just a suggestion, Is it possible she may have aspirated herself? If so the vet may prescribe antibiotics to prevent aspiration pneumonia.

My friend aspirated her pig I remember at the time the vet didn't prescribe any antibiotics and the guinea pig developed pneumonia. It was a long battle to get her over the pneumonia but the guinea pig did recover.

Good Luck, let us know how you get on. X

I agree with Flintstones that she could have aspirated food or water. Keeping everything crossed for her, and I hope your lift turns up soon. If it is aspiration the vet may give a diuretic.

You can only do your best - , The important thing is to get her to the vets as quickly as possible which is what you are doing. Hopefully it is just a bit of food stuck that will have dislodged itself by the time you reach the vets.....the point above about possible aspiration are also very relevant...keeping fingers and paws crossed for you.
x

Fingers firmly crossed! You are doing the right thing in taking her to the vets asap. It sounds like things have gone very much down the wrong way or there is a blockage, which only a vet can see and hopefully do something about. I am ever so sorry for your nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back