• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help - ICT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I have nearly finished the whole section on Word Processing - Yay! :)

The last thing I have to do is write 500 words on the advantages of word processing and the internet. This is what I have written so far...

Advantages of using Word Processing and the Internet

Advantages of using Word Processing

Advantages of using Word Processing are that you can present your work with a professional look by using a wide range of fonts and font styles (such as italics, bold and underline). You can also save backup copies of your work onto the hard-drive, floppy disk or memory stick. This is ideal as you are always able to access your work and make changes by deleting, editing your document quickly and easily without spoiling the appearance of the text. Word processing also allows you to add tables, clip arts and word art too which can add more detail into your document.

Advantages of using the Internet

Advantages to using the internet are that you can use one of the many search engines to locate vast amount of information on a certain topic of interest. This makes it easier to do research as you can find a lot of information which can save you from going through hundreds of books. You can also use email which is an excellent way to keep in contact with your friends and family. This is especially good to use as there is no charge per use and is quicker than posting a letter. As the internet has grown over the years, you can use the internet for online banking, job seeking, applications and reservations. This also makes it easier for people to access services without having to use more time-consuming methods.

-------------------------------------

So far that is 270 words - grrrr! - Has anybody got anymore advantages which I can add to them!

I wish I could help Ellie but I'm no good at things like this. Sorry

Its okay! LOL... Its really frustrating me as when I write advantages and disadvantages of things, I like to use bullet points however we are not allowed to as we have to show paragraphs and evaluate too. Its so so frustrating when I am so close to finishing...!

What about how for students by using the internet it provides more motivation for them to study, and gives them more efficient and improved presentation It also connects learning at school with learning at home and makes learning more fun ?

Also maybe elaborate a bit more ie: in the word processing section, an example would be that with using a typewriter or pen and paper if you wanted to cut out a paragraph then you'd have to start alll over again but with a WP you can just highlight then hit delete. So just pad it out a bit more and before you know it 500 words will be done. :)

Also WP's have a built in Thesaurus, so you can search for alternative words, (or synonyms)! without hunting for a dictionary!

Thanks for that bev :D - I now have 421 words :D - just 100 more to go.... This is what it looks like now... tell me if its rubbish!

Advantages of using Word Processing are that you can present your work with a professional look by using a wide range of fonts and font styles (such as italics, bold and underline). It is better to write up essays, letters and other documents as multiple copies can be printed and writing can be supported by spell-checkers. It is also easier to read text on screen as it is not difficult to redraft and reorganise. You can also save backup copies of your work onto the hard-drive, floppy disk or memory stick. This is ideal as you are always able to access your work and make changes by deleting, editing your document quickly and easily without spoiling the appearance of the text. Word processing also allows you to add tables, clip arts and word art too which can add more detail into your document.
Not only do individual users use word processing, businesses use it too. All letters which you receive through the post are word processed as it looks professional and many copies can be easily printed saving a lot of time.

Advantages to using the internet are that you can use one of the many search engines to locate vast amount of information on a certain topic of interest. This makes it easier to do research as you can find a lot of information which can save you from going through hundreds of books. You can also use email which is an excellent way to keep in contact with your friends and family. This is especially good to use as there is no charge per use and is quicker than posting a letter. As the internet has grown over the years, you can use the internet for online banking, job seeking, applications and reservations. This also makes it easier for people to access services without having to use more time-consuming methods.
Published information on websites are available to a global audience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This makes the internet the most efficient business machine to date. As the information is available at all times, many businesses now have websites where you can not only read information regarding their business, but to buy items without having to walk out your front door. Internet shopping has now become a huge hit as people who do not have the means to get to a supermarket can now search the isles online.

Ok I have done 505 words now but don't know if its ok. I would really appreciate any feedback given whether critical or not :)

Advantages of using Word Processing are that you can present your work with a professional look by using a wide range of fonts and font styles (such as italics, bold and underline). It is better to write up essays, letters and other documents as multiple copies can be printed and writing can be supported by spell-checkers. There is also built in dictionaries and thesauruses helping you to word your documents accurately. Existing templates are also available within word processing programs for you to present your work neatly without having to organise it yourself. Word processed work is easier to read on screen as it is not difficult to redraft and reorganise. You can also save backup copies of your work onto the hard-drive, floppy disk or memory stick. This is ideal as you are always able to access your work and make changes by deleting, editing your document quickly and easily without spoiling the appearance of the text. Word processing also allows you to add tables, clip arts and word art too which can add more detail into your document.
Not only do individual users use word processing, businesses use it too. All letters which you receive through the post are word processed. This is because it looks more professional than a hand-written letter and also many copies can be printed and distributed out which saves the job from being very time consuming. Businesses will take advantage of the different word processing features (such as mail merge) depending on the job they need doing. They can also benefit by keeping back-ups of documents as well as printed documents too.

Published information on websites are available to a global audience 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This makes the internet the most efficient business machine to date. As the information is available at all times, many businesses now have websites where you can not only read information regarding their business, but to buy items without having to walk out your front door. Internet shopping has now become a huge hit as people who do not have the means to get to a supermarket can now search the isles online.

That's really good Ellie. Well done.

Ooh I just thought of something. Businesses can use the mail merge which saves time.

I have made it bold where I have added it in - is that ok like that? Have I paragraphed ok as with it being advantages, I feel as though its hard to paragraph. I have done it where I have changed to information about business use of both internet and word processing.

Wahoo I was helpful ;D

That looks great Ellie and the paragraphing is right too.

Yay thank you both for helping me. Hopefully I have passed the word processing part! :D

That looks really good Ellie!
What you like Debbie getting all excited for helping, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back