• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help! Is my guinea pig poorly?

Mich Smith

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm hoping you can help me. I'm unsure if my guinea pig is poorly or not. She has what looks like a wet behind, it started of to one side of her near her behind. I thought she may have sat in wee wee so i gave her a clean but it's there again and bigger this time and a bit smelly. I have washed her again. She seems fine in herself and is eating and drinking fine. I'm new to guinea pig caring and unsure if this is a usual thing with guinea pigs or if I should take her to the vet?

Attachments

• 20201212_184102.jpg
    20201212_184102.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 6
What is she bedded on? Does she have any strong urine smell or a very wet bottom? I'd have her checked out just to be sure, but can't tell you just from that if she is ill or not. Does she live alone?

PS please add your location to your profile so advice can be tailored to you.

I would go to a cavy savvy vet during normal business hours for a check up. It could be from just sitting in her wee but there can be medical reasons for piggies to sit in their wee so it's worth getting checked over to be sure

There’s a variety of reasons why a piggy can have a wet bottom.
I always work on the basis that if there is no obvious reason, such as she’s been sitting in her wee, then I take mine to the vet.
I’d rather be reassured there’s nothing wrong than miss something.

Back