• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help me! hes acting very aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

SCARY moment earlier, i put Harry near Zub not only did he chatter but he did something ive never seen before it looked like yawns but it wasnt he opend his mouth wide and showed his teeth while hissing what do i do Zubin looked terrofied i think bonding will be difficult if not dangerous help! has anyone seen this before or no what it is would really like to know help! x

It's like a keep away or else action, sometimes is a prelude to fighting. Someone more experienced should be along soon! but until then just keep an eye on them :)

There not going together untill i see them calm down that scared me to death lol when to boars start all there tumbles and that hes only 10 weks x

No, god no Harrys in a cage on tope of Zubins but they can smell each other cant see each other though

Are you planning on putting them together - because if you were, I doubt it would work since Harry is passed 3-4 weeks which is the age you should introduce a baby boar to an older boar - if you want to pair them up.

Sounds like Harry is just sorting out the domanince issues - He is basically saying "Leave me alone, or I will hurt you" and he sure willl attack if he feels like it. Are you planning on putting them together?

Livie x

definalty a warning sign a big wide mouth full of sharp teeth would put anyone with any sense off, I've seen mine do it and then they start chattering so its a prelude to an all out attack, you might get some joy by gradually letting them spend time together in a neutral place, then its a case of watch and wait and be on alert some do take, one often backs down and lets the other be boss pig but not always, so its a matter of wait and see but be alert at all times never leave them alone, but as i say give them time together in neutral place and watch, if all goes well then try again but make sure they each have a bowl and water bottle and some where they can hide so they feel safe and then if theres nothing to spark off an argument you might be lucky, I've only got 2 pigs out of my 20 boys that will not share, so good luck,

I feel the same i dont no how they will be together now, i was planning on putting them together but I'm not sure now maybe it would be better just to give up on the boar to boar thing and plan the neutering and then getthem a gf each might make tehm both happier this is the third pig that ive had to put with Zub and griff was the only one that worked out and he died i think like yoy said he;s too big now but he was the only one in the shop that was alone and big and i thought if he was with me where he would be looked after better hed have a happy life hes lovely when hes on his own with me but if he sees or smells Zub big hullaballo lol I'm 99% sure its a 'aggressive yawn thing' but he seems to do it in his cage I'm worried he might have some thing in his mouth but after he bit me I'm scared to check lol i might take him to vets to get him checked over mainly cos hes new lol thanks for your help. if they can both smell each other does that mean there not lonely even if there not together ? x

yep, sounds like you got a little pain on your hands! LOL (sorry)

If they can seean talk, I would say that they are not lonely no more..

Whatever you decide to do, DON'T put them together. The others are right, you need a younger boy

xx Mrs Player xx

I know i thought when she said 10 weeks i was doing a bit of a silly thing but there talking away i can hear them there in seperate cages probaly for the rest of there days hehe I'm not putting either of them at risk of an injury and if i do get them fixed then its the best vet or nothing hehe there lovely seperate but its all teeth and chatters otherwise thats prob why Harry bit me i though he was tired and it was the yawn thing not a tired OPPS my mistake hehe i couldnt have left him in the shop another four weeks hte tiny ones are always taken quickly its not fair on the big boys! x god there wheeking better go see if that dam mouse is there again x

Sounds like they are warning each other off. They show teeth to show it will hurt if they bite each other. Thsi is a sign they are enemies because of their earlier battle. They enjoy showing off and having a chatter at each other I have found. As others have said, keep them apart as they mean business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back