• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

help my boys are worrying me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i've got two boys living together have been since we got them,they have been ok normal behaviour bit of rumbling bit of mounting but no fighting,now today i get home get piggys in run for cage cleaning day and little hugo (the one who normal gets mounted and rumbled at )has a bit of hair missing on his nose it wasn't like that this morning,now did ralphy bite him no skin is broken just skin showing through,i'm worried that the rumbling and that has gone nasty.i'm keeping my eyes firmly on them,when i move one they both week and week till together again what too do?boys are funny aren't they

Hi There,

Oh goodness Boars, what can we say. They are just like boys. Smelly and troublesom. :)).

Pigs do pull tufts of fur out. Now was there no fur over the cage? Previously I had a boar that did this and he would eat the evidence so I never did see it in the cage until I witnessed him doing.

Boys need alot of room. How big is your cage? Put in 2 of everything and I'd even be tempted to remove anything which doesn't have 2 entrances so no one is trapped at anytime.

Perhaps its just an innocents scuffle as blood was not drawn keep them together, although I would recommend closely monitoring them make sure both pigs can access food/water and hay. I would also recommend weighing both boys, as if there is something wrong weight is normally the first indicator.

Brrr'ing, mounting and Rumbling are normal dominance displays, its aggressive teeth chattering and lunging you have to worry about.

Good Luck,

Jo xx

Last edited:
thank you,there is no fur and keeping firm eyes on them even got oh on piggy watch!the cage is huge not sure on actual size i've got two bowls for food one water bottle and a big hay thing so they both can get at it,funny enough they never bother each other at food time!or drinking time!they have two igloos for bed time but take them out through day,eeek think they are just going through that boy stage hopefully they will snap out and chill out soon.hugo is so relaxed about it all and only a few times says get off!and weight wise both are roughly same weight too so doesn't seem anything to worry about think i'm going to keep both eyes firmly peeled on them.dont want to split them up unless i have too so fingers crossed they start behaving!love my boys but think next time its girls for me! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back