• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help My Guinea Pigs Eye Is Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Agree, vet visit needed as soon as possible. Looks like some kind of injury.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Helpp i dont know what i have to doooo.

He has brown eyes usually as seen on photo.
Hi and welcome!

Please see your vet promptly. Don't home treat. Treatment depends on the severity of the injury.

Could you please add your country, state or (for the UK) your county to your details, so we can tailor any advice to what is available and possible where you are. We have got members from all over the world, and our recommendations can vary quite a bit accordingly. Click on your username on the top bar, then go to personal details and scroll down to location. Thank you!

We have got a UK piggy savvy vet locator on the top bar. https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/pages/guinea-pig-vet-locator/
Here is a link for recommended vets in other countries: http://www.guinealynx.info/cabinet/index.php/Veterinarians

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
agree with seeing a vet asap. eye problems can quickly become serious. as mentioned, the vet locator should help you find your nearest good vet. let us know how you get on.

pepinotaco

New Born Pup
Reaction score
The vet closed just on the minute I called.. I can get him to the vet tomorrow at 1pm

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The vet closed just on the minute I called.. I can get him to the vet tomorrow at 1pm
whereabouts are you? most vets will have an answerphone message will details of the nearest emergency out of hours vet.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i'm not sure about the vets where you are. hopefully someone else will beable to advise. :)

GPTV

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hi there how's your piggies eye now?
Hope u got it to the vets & its healing well?
Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.