• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help Please. I Think I Have A Boy And A Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnycharlie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have a nasty suspicion that my beautiful new babies are a mixed pair.

Here are their nether regions. What do you think?image.jpgimage.jpg

I have been staring at the photos in that link for ages and I still am not sure.

I think the second photo, my dark guinea pig, is a boy. It's the paler one I am not so sure about. It doesn't have the puckering around the penis but does seem to have a little slit there.

If anyone with a bit of experience can help, I would be very grateful. My children are sobbing their hearts out..

To be sure you can press just above the genitals, if it is a male then his 'bits' will pop out if it is a girl then it won't. Or pop them to a local rescue centre or vets and they will be able to tell you.

I have tried to make the penis pop out but I am not very confident handling them yet and they are still very small. A rescue centre might be the way to go. I think my local one is only open occasionally though. Perhaps I will give them a ring.

It is quite clear on an adult!

To me they both look like males, but the top pic isn't extremely clear. Could you get one of it in a bit better light?

You can do it on small babies I have done it before you just need to hold in one hand and squeeze gently with other. You could always try with one person holding and the other checking. they will probably squeal but you won't be hurting them. Trust me it will be better than unwanted babies.

I've just seen this thread. Please, don't get upset. At least you've had the common sense to think about this and are doing something about it. Were you told they were boys or girls when you got them ?

Are you keeping them separated until you get a concrete answer ?

It was such a stressful afternoon. I think we all cried at some point! I am so relieved that we haven't got to return them....

I had my fingers crossed and was following the thread, but I cannot help with sexing, I'm a bit useless there! :) So pleased for you all. I know I would have hated to have had to return either one of them too. Hugs to you all!

View attachment 29853 I've just taken another photo and I think you might be right.View attachment 29853

That looks like another boy to me, too. The slit is starting clearly below the knob. To make absolutely sure, have a look at the inside of the slit. Girls' slits have side flaps that make the opening look like an x whereas boys slits are equally straight on the inside.

However, it is always a good idea to make double and triple sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back