• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
OH GOD PLEASE HELP I WAS HOLDING MY GRACE AND I ACCIDENTALLY BLEW MARIJUANA SMOKE IN HER FACE! PLEASE HELP SHES ACTING WEIRD NOW IS SHE GONNA BE ALRIGHT?

I smoke cigarettes but never inside the house to keep my piggies smoke free. Please do the best for your piggies . They are not in s position to choose

I would say that regardless of what you choose to smoke, you should never smoke in the same room as guinea pigs, they have very narrow sensitive airways that get easily irritated- perfume, air fresheners, essential oils, cigarette smoke, and marijuana smoke should be kept in an entirely different and well ventilated room, well away from guinea pigs... I doubt this would be immediately fatal as a one off but it could certainly trigger some nasty respiratory symptoms- seeing a vet now is best, though realistically you may now not be in a condition to drive right now... its always best to view piggy breathing like tiny newborn baby breathing, keep any smoke and respiratory irritants as far away as you can! I hope your piggy is ok...

THEY SEEM FINE I HAVENT SEEN ANY BREATHING ISSUES BUT I'm BRINGING TO THEIR CHECKUP THIS WEEK SO

We don’t know the effect of it on them. As explained above they have narrow airways and sensitive smell sense. Put her back in the cage and just leave her for now. If you can get her seen by an emergency vet as suggested above. Hopefully she will be okay.

Yeah, I'm not sure how drug use near a guinea pig would effect them.... I hope not at all

open the windows, consult a vet ASAP and be honest with them if she doesn’t seem right over the next hour or so.

try to be less snoop dogg around your piggies and more the loving Responsible owner I am sure you are.

Last edited:
My poor grace is gagging almost like! What do I do. She had been doing this even before today though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back