• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help with naming our new man-piggie

What shall he be called?

• Bertie Bassett

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Donovan

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carma Violet

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are hopefully going to be getting a rescue piggie in a couple of weeks once he has recovered from his neutering.

Now, his name is Bertie, to which I was going to expand on to become Bertie Bassett.

But tragically, last week, one of my best friends died. He was 31 and took his own life. It was completely unexpected and we are still absolutely devistated from it all. Can't beleive he is gone.

I really want to call him after my friend, Donovan, but we feel his name is already established... I am not too sure what to do and I wanted peoples help.

Bertie Bassett, or Donovan?

-Carma

sorry about your friend :( :rose i think it would be a lovely tribute as you will always feel he is still close to you. i dont think guinea pigs particularly mind. :)

Thank you, it's so sad he's gone. Thank you for the votes everyone. Whatever you guys choose will be his name.

-Carma

So Sorry to hear about your friend.

I'm afraid Bertie Bassett gets my vote as I am the proud owner of a beautiful, if quite naughty, basset hound.................

Teresa xx

I'm very sorry about your friend :(

I must say though that Bertie Basset gets my vote. The name has a nice ring to it :)) and if you wanted to, you could call him B.B. for short! :(|)

I am very biased to Bertie Bassett :-))))))))))))))))))))))))

ps: he sends his love and says the nice vet looked at my privates and was very pleased with my progress but said I had small balls to start with! :red

Aw that's such a shame.

What about 'Donny' instead? It's shorter and cuter for a piggy but still represents your friend?
x

Aw that's such a shame.

What about 'Donny' instead? It's shorter and cuter for a piggy but still represents your friend?
x

I like it, although my friend wasn't really a 'Donny' type hehehe. We would probably shorten it to Donny anyway as Gadget, Gimmick and FriarTuck are now known as Gadge, GimGim and Tuck.

I am very biased to Bertie Bassett :-))))))))))))))))))))))))

ps: he sends his love and says the nice vet looked at my privates and was very pleased with my progress but said I had small balls to start with! :red

Hehehe! I am hoping he has balls enough to stick it with our ladies! They are trouble. Gadgets a perfect Alpha female... Tuck (Omega) is a very rude and is always breaking the rules of etiquet with the other ladies above her!

-Carma

What about Donovan's surname? Could you make something out of that?

Bertie is always cute but you could always name him Bertie Donovan :)) - or even Don Don! lol

What about Donovan's surname? Could you make something out of that?

Bertie is always cute but you could always name him Bertie Donovan :)) - or even Don Don! lol

Donovan's surname is Smith so I doubt that is an option!

I have to say I REALLY want to call him Bertie Bassett, but not 100% because of loosing my friend! I will be happy to have him stay as Bertie though :)

We cannot wait to meet him

-Carma

Bertie is gorgeous. x) He does love the ladies and is most animated when his cage is next to some girlies. I'm sure he won't mind a name change if that's what you decide.

Bertie is gorgeous. x) He does love the ladies and is most animated when his cage is next to some girlies. I'm sure he won't mind a name change if that's what you decide.

Hehe, well it's more what 'YOU' guys decide... And it looks as if 'Bertie Bassett' is winning!

-Carma

smith is also a great name, i like both so i cant vote soz! :))

Really sorry about your friend Carma, what a shock it must have been, life is so sad sometimes :(

Chin up chuck x>>

So! Bertie Bassett it shall be then!

I have to say, I am glad you all chose that name because I cannot help feeling it will suit him far better!

Thank you to EVERYONE for you support and kind words, and thank you for voting :). I will bring you all photos when he settles in here :)

-Carma

Bertie has been here a few days now. And he is loving his ladies! Not sure it's mutual just yet though!

I am hoping to upload a photo of him soon, unless Jenny from CGPR can help? :p

We have decided to rename him though, something special for him. As much as we love the name Bertie, we think we have found something that just works! Due to his rumbling sound when he's chasing the ladies around, we are calling him Chinook, after the Helicopter.

What do you guys think? Specially those of you with man-piggies

-Carma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back