• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Help with Nutra cyst and Nutra calm

Ali_x

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I took Arnie to the vet as noticed he had some blood in his urine on Wednesday, the vet wants to treat as cystitis for now, so he’s on Nutra cyst and nutra calm... the instructions say to sprinkle on food once a day

I’ve sprinkled on his pellets and he won’t go anywhere near them

Has anyone has used these and got any handy tips on how to get them down? I was thinking dispersing in water and syringing but didn’t know if it would affect the way they work?

Attachments

Ali_x

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Also from his last illness period and amazing recovery, he’s now back up to 980g in weight, just 30g from his original weight now... so I’m really pleased!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I took Arnie to the vet as noticed he had some blood in his urine on Wednesday, the vet wants to treat as cystitis for now, so he’s on Nutra cyst and nutra calm... the instructions say to sprinkle on food once a day

I’ve sprinkled on his pellets and he won’t go anywhere near them

Has anyone has used these and got any handy tips on how to get them down? I was thinking dispersing in water and syringing but didn’t know if it would affect the way they work?
Hi!

Some piggies don't like powders. Dissolved the powder in 2 ml of water and then syringe. This ensures that he gets all of it. keep in mind that piggies have ca. double the amount of taste buds to humans and 5 times as many as cats!

I sincerely hope that the glucosamine in it will do the trick.

Ali_x

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Ha ha yeah h
Hi!

Some piggies don't like powders. Dissolved the powder in 2 ml of water and then syringe. This ensures that he gets all of it. keep in mind that piggies have ca. double the amount of taste buds to humans and 5 times as many as cats!

I sincerely hope that the glucosamine in it will do the trick.
Yeah I’m guessing he won’t like the taste in water either but it’s the only way I’ll get it down him, I’ll maybe mix a bit of apple juice in with it to help but it’s syringe time I’m afraid Arnie!

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha yeah h

Yeah I’m guessing he won’t like the taste in water either but it’s the only way I’ll get it down him, I’ll maybe mix a bit of apple juice in with it to help but it’s syringe time I’m afraid Arnie!
No, he won't like the taste, but syringing is the best way of making sure that he gets what he needs.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Syringe it in and then have a treat ready for immediately afterwards to take away the taste. I am currently treating Dennis with Baytril for a URI (Baytril is extremely bitter and most piggies hate it) I have a bit of melon skin to give him straight after it so just as the nasty taste is starting to register he has something lovely to take away the bitterness.