• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackers4

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry people, me again needing advice on my boy's! We have just put them into a new C&C cage which they love My big problem is they are eating the correx! Any suggestions? Shall I start again with higher correx around the sides because I am really worried that the correx in their system will hurt them?

I found this non animal biting stuff I can't remember where I got it from but it works ! I would however recommend building your correx walls higher this is one of the reasons I have switched to a different cage as I don't think its a wise idea unless they are high and out of reach x

Have you put fleece over the edge of the corex lip and and pegged it on? That's what I do, one reason being because mines chew the corex too. X

you could try higher on three sides and leave the front part lower and use those slide binders on there :)

The slide binders look really good so will try those! I'm using sawdust in the cage instead of fleeces but may try them instead.It's all such a minefield taking care of these little guys!

sawdust or shavings aren't great for them. The dust can affect them and can dry their feet out. There is a thread on different kinds of bedding somewhere on the forum.I use aubiose and I know boss hogg swears by snowflake.

sawdust or shavings aren't great for them. The dust can affect them and can dry their feet out. There is a thread on different kinds of bedding somewhere on the forum.I use aubiose and I know boss hogg swears by snowflake.
Yup anything using wood like shavings or seaside are very bad. Aubiose is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back