• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

help

piopli708

New Born Pup
I'm really new to guinea pig care and I'm really worried about a few things, one of my pigs (Mina) seems to be really anxious around my other piggy (Rosè) because whenever she comes near her she runs away and doesn't seem to want to go near her at all, also Mina isn't sleeping in her hidey and instead sleeps under the water bottle, is this something I should be worried about?
I thought that they preferred being in their hidey as they would feel more comfortable and securw

Seven7

Teenage Guinea Pig
Welcome.

I don't see anything wrong with Mina sleeping under her water bottle unless there is no bedding under there. Mine choose to sleep in different places in their cage and I never thought anything of it.

i<3piggys

Junior Guinea Pig
It could just be the new environment and your gp are establishing who the top gp is ( dominance) When ever there is a change whether its a new home or adding another pig it shifts the balance of the group and they compete for dominance. as long as they are not attacking each other i think its ok. it will probably pass soon. ( i am going through the same thing right now i added a new piggy and they have been chasing her all day.)

i<3piggys

Junior Guinea Pig
Also
It could just be the new environment and your gp are establishing who the top gp is ( dominance) When ever there is a change whether its a new home or adding another pig it shifts the balance of the group and they compete for dominance. as long as they are not attacking each other i think its ok. it will probably pass soon. ( i am going through the same thing right now i added a new piggy and they have been chasing her all day.)
Also does mina have her own hidy? and is it next to roses? If it is you can try moving them away from each other and see if that works. Mine all sleep together but are exiling the newby :( its kind of sad.