• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help!

BarneyandLeo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Currently in the process of doing up my old shed for my piggies - just finished painting it today :yahoo: Anyway, I want to get lino/laminate flooring so if I ever give the pigs the run of the floor, the wood won’t get damaged. But I’ve been told if I put lino or laminate flooring down, any moisture will be trapped underneath and the wood will rot. How can I get around this? Help!

If you use one sheet of Lino ie no joins then urine won’t get underneath as there won’t be any way for it to.
My boys live in my shed, they do have a hutch in there but free roam. I have an old plastic tablecloth and some plastic sheeting off the roll from a garden centre on the floor. There are c&c grids all the way around the edge of the shed so they can’t ever get right to the very edges of the shed where there the plastic ends because the grids are there. With an absorbent bedding down on the shed floor, there isn’t any urine leakage getting through to the plastic, let alone through to the wood of the shed floor itself as it gets absorbed by the bedding.

Back