• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

HELP

Lighteningamy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've just been made aware there have been piggies dumped in perth scotland I've been trying to catch them but there getting into burrows and can't get them I'm feeding them and giving them water spca told me that they are now classed as wild guinea pigs and won't help

Attachments

• IMG-20210313-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0013.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 68
Sorry I have no idea what to suggest but just wanted to offer you support.
You are so kind trying to help them.

Sorry I have no idea what to suggest but just wanted to offer you support.
You are so kind trying to help them.
Thanks just struggling to get them ive ended up cutting all my hands and legs up but I just can't catch them myself 😭 just can't beleive someone would do this !

Sorry you’re struggling to catch them but well done for helping them out. Could you lure them into a carrier or something? Maybe leave it there for them to get into and eat?

It’s sad the spca won’t do anything.

How long have they been there and how many are there? I agree with @Siikibam try and lure them into a carrier with some tasty food.

Sorry you’re struggling to catch them but well done for helping them out. Could you lure them into a carrier or something? Maybe leave it there for them to get into and eat?

It’s sad the spca won’t do anything.
I've tried to get them in to the carrier they were not for going in

Set the carrier there and leave it out. Put some food in there along with some hay and bedding. Only problem is if it rains...the other worry is other animals being attracted by the food. It’s a really tough one but I commend you for persisting. Fingers crossed.

Poor little guinea pigs... it’s so kind of you to try and help... keep trying! 🤞🏻🤞🏻What about if you very carefully cut some of the branches away so you had a small area that was clear to lure them to with veggies and then use something like a net or cardboard box something to put over the top of them?

Poor little things - they must be terrified and don't realise you are trying to help them.
Is there a friend or family member who could help you?

You really are doing a fantastic job.
I wish I was allowed to travel to come and help
I know i just wish I could catch them, Sadly not me and my boyfriend moved to perth a couple of years ago and both my friends have just had babys

Aww that's so good that you are feeding them and trying to help them. I hope they have access to grass/hay :( xx

This is such a same... where about in Perth are they? I have a few Instagram friends in scotland who have piggies so I could see if anyone lives near by and could help.

Back