• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmJ

Reaction score
I picked little Harley up over 2 weeks ago, and after a period of seperation I decided to introduce him to the girls.

Well everything was going ok till this morning. Nibbles and Harley had a fight 8... Nibbles has a cut by her nose, its not bleeding just looks bad.

Q1- Do I need to take nibbles to the vets?
Q2- Should i try bonding again?

There was a lot of noise and teeth clicking.

Not sure if i've posted this in the right section

Was it a scratch or a bite as if it's a bite seperate a scratch was probably unintentional, they don't sound like happy chappie's tho

Not sure if it was a scratch or bite. Its not deep just looks like hes broken the skin.
Poor Nibs is really not happy if hes around so i have seperated them.

Do I give the a cooling off period? I just dont want to put the back together and omthing worse happen when i'm out.

I can't really help you, but I'm sorry it hasn't worked out. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out and give you some more advice :)

Is Harley neutered? How big is their space?

If you want to try them again, I would do so in a neutral space and somewhere where nopig can be cornered. Some dominant sows won't accept a male around, but that is usually more evident right from the beginning.

They may not accept each other again - once piggies really fall out, that's it usually.

Yeah he is neutered. They have a 2x4 cc cage with a 1x2 hay loft, witch i added another 3x1 onto to make an L shape on top.

They where fine to start. Might let them cool off for a day or so then try again. Just dont know what to do for the best.

Ive put him in a seperate cage.
Would you put him out the way for a few days and try introductions from scratch again?

Any help would be great?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back